Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Feb 17 13 1:34 PM

Lovely to see the photo of Janet, Paul and Colin from 1964. I knew that was them before I even saw their names. I lived in no.10 for 3 1/2 years with them from Jan. 1965. I loved their baby sister, Joy who was only 6 weeks old when I arrived at Harpenden.

Christine W

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Feb 17 13 1:59 PM

Just correcting myself. I lived in no 10 from January 1966.
I wish I had some photos to submit but not sure if any of my family have any. I do remember some photos of me in "Bluebell Woods". Don't know if we just made up the name at the time but there was some woods at Harpenden full of Bluebells.

Christine W

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#9 [url]

Mar 6 13 4:47 PM

Hello Christine W,
                            There are or were two places around Harpenden refered to as "Bluebell woods" during my time, late 1950s.      A wood athe the top of Bowers Heath Lane at approximately a mile and half from Harpenden   and of course the boy's wood within the grounds both were known by the name and could equally qualify.   The boy's woods would have been visited within your normal play and it was quite common for families or groups such as brownies and cubs to visit the Bowers Heath woods.  So you didn't make the name up but you now have the problem of knowing which you were referring to!

Sorry about that!

Roy

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Mar 8 13 3:26 AM

Hi Roy,

Thanks so much on confirming that the woods were called "Bluebell Woods". I was meaning the woods in the Highfield Oval grounds. I forgot the woods were also known as the boy's wood but now I remember that too. I spent many hours playing with other kids in the woods and cemetery. I do remember going to some other woods with the brownies but cannot remember where.

Many thanks.

Christine.

Christine W

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Aug 18 14 3:24 AM

Deborah & Christopher Cook - Harpenden 1964

Hi Chris,

Do you remember Deborah & Christopher Cook from HARPENDEN in 1964 ?

I have attached some photos.  They are the two in the middle of the pic with 4 people in it..

http://growingupinthench.lefora.com/attach/view/ma/7630c1d7c823bd93644220dd3625d63429535530.jpg

4 photos on a photo gallery attached to this post. Open up "Show Album"..

Any info at all, or other people who may know them would be fantastic..

Regards,

Ross Sanders
Perth, Australia
email : sancon62@gmail.com

Last Edited By: sanders Aug 18 14 3:27 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help