Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 10 13 5:47 PM

Tags : :

Hi there,

From my records I was in the Sanatorium for 12 months 1954 to 1955.  Are there any people with memories of the Sanatorium during that period.

I have one abiding memory of a swimming pool somewhere outside of the grounds on a Google map I can see a pool at Coopers farm was that used by the Sanatorium?

I do remember being in a bed in some type of ward and being very cold and for some reason I dislike all milk product I think I was told milk was good for a TB sufferer.

I have my records but alas no personal recording seems to have been kept.

So any information would be very helpful in jogging my memories.

Many thanks, Tim.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

philip

fanatic

#1 [url]

Jul 10 13 11:17 PM

Tim,
It might be worth asking Action For Children if any of the daily Sanatorium Daily Log books were kept for your period.
At the Highfield, the Hospital Daily Logs were saved and it is there that any stays in hospital were noted.
Elmfield's daily logs might just have been saved.

Philip

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jul 11 13 8:40 AM

Hi there,

Philip, I have asked but there appear to be no records kept on file unless they were moved across to the NHS that would be a nightmare to track I think.

In some ways I'm not that worried about daily records they would be nice but if anyone can enlighten me re my thoughts in the original post I would be grateful.

I will pursue AfC just to ask them to double check if such a log was kept, but they seemed adamant that there were no further records available.

Many thanks, Philip at least your site enabled me to work out where I spent a year of my life now has anyone found my tortoise the last I recall was it had a string tether to a hole in its shell and I took it swimming with me I think I dragged it along the pool bottom and after that I never saw it again.  Having now kept a tortoise I can understand what I did was not good for the tortoise.

Does anyone have recollections of the use of a swimming pool whilst at the sanatorium?

Many thanks, Tim.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jul 11 13 3:50 PM

Hi, Philip those were the photo's that I first saw and recognised that it might have been the sanatorium that I had been in then a Google map showed a swimming pool not to far away as for its size I don't think it was large but I do seem to recall it was not in the main grounds.

More I cannot tell you hence my search but at least I have found the place I was hospitalised to for one year of my young life, just wish I could remember more.

Again many thanks Philip for all your input.

Tim.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jul 23 13 10:06 PM

Hi there,

I've found some photos will post them ASAP.

Still would be good to hear if anyone knew about or used the swimming pool?

Many thanks, Tim.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Aug 31 14 2:19 PM

Hi there,

Okay I found the sanatorium which sits to the left of the NCH Oval and is now a private school (The Kings School) I went and had a look round the grounds a week ago and was surprised on how I remembered the grounds a very kind lady offered to show me round the building but I felt I'd seen the grounds and felt that the inside would have changed beyond recognition as far as I was concerned I only remember being in a hospital bed but I cannot understand why I have very few memories of a year of my life what happened to that year.

I now have a few pictures to post which I will try to do.

Many thanks Philip for pointing me in the right direction.

Tim.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help