Remove this ad

philip

fanatic

Lead

Jul 22 13 11:15 AM

Tags : :

Lefora will soon be rebranding the site and changing the main name of the company that runs the site.

The group may vanish for a few hours or a day but everything is fine. Don't Panic, Don't Panic.

You should get the info of what to type into get it, in your message box (top right - MESSAGES).

You might also need to re log in.

Any problems, please email me on

theirhistory@ntlworld.com

if the lefora type message system is not working.

Philip

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

philip

fanatic

#1 [url]

Sep 4 13 5:20 PM

members will start to find delays in getting onto this site as the changeover is starting to take place across the various Lefora groups.

If you are trying to access the Private group or the Alverstoke group, there are major delays to these two groups.

Philip

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Sep 14 13 1:54 PM

HI Philip!
I'm still not getting any email notifications of posts to our site.  Haven't had any since July 23rd.  Is this part of the changover on Lefora that is still in progress, or is it an individual problem?  Just wondering.  And of course I can still login to the site any time to check what's happening.  How long is the changeover process expected to take?  Not panicing or anything--just that curious minds want to know! :-)   Also, is anyone else experiencing this particular issue?
Best,
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#5 [url]

Sep 18 13 4:55 PM

THE UPDATE IS SOON.

To inform you that the upgrade of your Lefora forum is near.
We expect this to happen within the next 10 days.

Immediately after the upgrade, you and your members will receive an email with a new password.

SO LOOK OUT FOR AN EMAIL

Philip

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#7 [url]

Sep 18 13 10:50 PM

IMPROVED SITE?
I have just tried out the improved site. Not over impressed, by going onto it you are using a new pass word which is fine but it changes the password for any of the other sites you may be a member of.  To get out of this I had to change the new password back to the old one which enabled me to get back in on here and onto my other site.  The other problem is that the new password they provide is so long I have asolutely no chance of remembering it so had to bring it back within reasonable size anyway.
Yes the newer version of the private site looks flashier and possibly does have a few more bells and whistles but I didnt find it over friendly.    Of course, in my case it might just be the resistance to change that that comes with old age, in which case there may be a few others of us who find it a case of change for changes sake.
There was one thing I could not fathom and that is how one sends PMs.  I cannot say that the facility is not there but it certainly is not as obvious as on here.   If anyone spots the right button please let me know.

Roy

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Sep 19 13 3:23 PM

Hi Roy,
I just got back into this forum with my old (and beloved) password, so I'm not sure what's happening, because I got the email with that new very long and unmemorable (is that a word?) password!  I havent even tried to get into the PMs yet, but will simply try things and play with it until all becomes clear (or not!).  :-)    "It's a process", as I often hear said about many a new and difficult thing. 
Best of luck to everyone who wants to post here, and please share your insights for those of us who may be a bit slower with the technical stuff!  
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Sep 19 13 3:31 PM

Hi Philip,
When setting up my new membership with the password given in the email, I came to the security question part--no problem about that.  It's good they have it.  But that too also asked for a password?  Would that be another entering of the new and unmemorable password, or a different one just for security's sake, or the old password we've been using all along?

Shelagh, slightly password dizzy

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#10 [url]

Sep 19 13 7:35 PM

Shelagh and all others who will have this problem (including me),
There is a quick cheat.
You need to know your email address,

You need to know your username, then go to forgotten log in section.
Click on the section by email address, it should or might prompt you for your user name,
then just click for reset of password.
You will now get a new EMAIL MESSAGE
when you click that link, all it will ask is your user name and a new email address,
Just use the old one if you are happy with that,
It then asks you to repeat it,
then click yes
and you will get to the group as normal.
-----------------
The reason for that long code was just to make sure you were the only one who saw it, in the case you might be using a computer that others have access to.

Over the next few days the group look will get back to normal.

Philip

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

philip

fanatic

#12 [url]

Sep 19 13 7:38 PM

Dave,
You were down as a special person some time ago.
Log in as normal for the moment, they are possibly sending yours by The Gold Plated email service.

As yet I'm still waiting for mine.

Philip

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#14 [url]

Sep 19 13 11:29 PM

Hi all,
PMs and all that
All that I have found seems to work ok but will obviously become more friendly when Philip has worked his magic on it.   I have now found what appears to be the equivalent of the PM it comes under one of those excrutiating modern phrases that crucify the English language -' Write me'  it is found at the bottom of the frame around the persons avatar/picture.  I am going to give it a test so dont be surprised if I pop up on your screen.

Roy

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Sep 20 13 7:14 AM

Philip, don't forget my e-mail !  I havn't posted much lately, but I still like to see what's happening.

Roy  -  Re '" excrutiating modern phrases that crucify the english language''  - I check out the BBC homepage every day to see what's on the radio.  The other day I was exasperated to see that for those of us who don't know the meaning of the word 'SCHEDULES' they have now replaced it with ' WHAT'S ON.'

Jennifer

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#16 [url]

Sep 20 13 1:14 PM

Hi Jennifer,
                        Do you think that the BBC is now so certain of thier abilities that they are able to make a categoric statement rather than indicate their intention or, have they forgotten the question mark making it a cry for help?

Roy

Quote    Reply   

dave

superstar

#18 [url]

Sep 29 13 9:08 AM

Hi Philip,

I cannot log onto the private site and have had no e-mails from either forum since July.
Just letting you know the state of affairs from this users end.

Cheers

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#19 [url]

Sep 29 13 4:04 PM

Hi Dave,
                              Did you use the circa23 digit pin number Lefora sent to you in their e-mail?

I found it so cumbersome I highlifgted it then copied it in.

Roy

Quote    Reply   

dave

superstar

#20 [url]

Sep 29 13 5:18 PM

Hi Roy,

I have not received any e-mail from Lefora.

Dave

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help