Remove this ad

royl

fanatic

#21 [url]

Sep 30 13 1:28 AM

Hi Dave,
                     I have just checked and you are still listed as a member of the site.  Have you checked your spam bin for the message? failing that try the forgotten password technique that Philip advocates earlier in this topic.

I'm afraid it is a bit like Robert the Bruce's spider (or was Alf the great?) - try , try then try again!

Roy

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dave

superstar

#23 [url]

Oct 3 13 6:17 PM

Hi All, been away working for a few days and just catching up. I have received an e-mail from Lefora regarding upgraded account and referring to an earlier e-mail which on checking I have not received. No matter as I have gone down the forgotten password technique and am back on line for both forum.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Oct 3 13 7:04 PM

Well this group has now has its new look, when I get allowed in to its inner workings I will try and get it back to its more normal looks, until, please keep posting, and all should be in the correct order soon.

Philip

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#26 [url]

Oct 3 13 11:33 PM

Private site colours

Philip,
                       The opening pages of the other site are red and black borders with a white panel containing the listings.    The pages further back are still the same blue scheme as this site, but I think that some are changing to the red and black each time I see it.

Roy

ps be warned, using the ' Quick reply'   button seems to log you out from the site but does not post you message.

Last Edited By: royl Oct 3 13 11:36 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Oct 5 13 8:21 PM

Quick replyy button

I think I can see what they are trying to do with this button, it is the start of posting a message in its simple format, without adding of the new extras that this site offers (all the rubbish that can be found on rival type sites).
I will experiment and how this button can be used.

Philip

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#32 [url]

Oct 5 13 10:02 PM

Quick reply button

Trying to save our founder a fate worse than death I have tried the 'quick reply' button again and guess what?   I found myself thrown out on my ear again!.     Keep at it Percy!! 

Roy

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Oct 6 13 12:29 PM

Problems with the new site

Hi Philip,
First off, I have a message for you from Jennifer, who wants to let you know she can't get into the forum at all, having tried many things and answered many questions.  I understand her frustration as I share it myself to some degree.  I can't say I really know how to work this yet--but find that if I click on the "your account has been updated" link in the most recent email I received, then voila, I'm in, without putting any username or password!  But I have not yet managed to get into the Private forum, and I'm still not really clear what my username and password for either of the forums actually is at this point.
So we both, Jennifer and I, need some help!  :-)
Many thanks,
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Oct 6 13 6:42 PM

try this

Shelagh,
Your posting is fine, so you have got to the main site,
The main problem is that log in systems have become divided.
At the top of the page on the normal site, it will say Welcome Shelagh (etc)
If you click on your user name, it will take you to the blue (Your user page)
At the top ot again will show your name a small arrow and the word logout.
Dont click the word logout, but click the arrow, it might show two of your names, if it does Lefora has rembered your old setting and your new user log in..
These seem to work in reverse, if you have two names click on one and see if anything changes, if not click the other one, and see if there is any difference.
As yet I am still trying the ways of getting from one group to another, all I can find out is you logout of one of your names, and click on the other, if you have your computer set to remember passwords, everything should be fine.
Otherwise it will ask for your email address and password or username and password.
Any problems, let me know what point it chucked you out.
It is best to have both groups set in your bookmark file.

Still trying to work around all the problems.
You have not done anything wrong.

Philip

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Oct 6 13 10:14 PM

Ok...some progress

HI Philip,
Thanks for the instructions.  I do seem to have made some progress in that now I know for sure what my username and password are for both forums.  So I should be good to go now, and might just send some "test" responses, topics etc to make sure it's really true that I am in charge of my account now!  :-)

Forgive me for raising another issue when you are probably tearing your hair out as it is, but how does one get the complete conversation in the Grownupprivate forum.  I see the beginnings of letters posted there, and then ..., dot, dot, dot...  Where's the rest of it?  And does it mean anything that the latest conversation featured there is highlighted in yellow?

Good luck with everything and I'm sure we'll all just be buzzing along like happy bees very shortly...
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Oct 6 13 11:30 PM

another idea,

Shelaghc

did you try this?
At the right hand side there are two small boxes together, one shows four little squares, the other shows a few lines.
Make sure you have clicked on the one with the four squares, that will show all the latest posts and the contents, if you have the lines one clicked on, all it will shoe at the title heading.

or do the opposite.

everything seems to be working back to front.

would a few other members like to come out to play?

Philip

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#38 [url]

Oct 6 13 11:36 PM

Pictures

Hi Philip,
When posting pictures did you manage to paste strait into the site or did you import onto your profile page first?

Roy

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Oct 6 13 11:44 PM

posting photos.

c03168945982a943a674f10e6bcb958a2b55f55eRoy,
On this new system you need to put the photo from your computer into your Lefora album, you can have several albums if you like.
Once in your Lefora album, you can then send them to the page on Lefora you want them to be on.
Have a few goes, it will work in the end.

Your albums are found via your profile page - in the tab Photos.

Philip

Last Edited By: philip Oct 6 13 11:51 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#40 [url]

Oct 6 13 11:51 PM

photos

Thanks Philip,
                                 You have confirmed my fears, why did they make it so damn complex.    Mind you there are a few plusses turning up - I like the 'Forum Jump'  and the way it gives each post a unique referable address even down to a complete individual URL. So nopt all bad news.

Roy

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help