Remove this ad

royl

fanatic

Lead

Sep 7 13 1:02 AM

Tags : :

A younger me was obviously guilty of using the expression “I thought” as the precursor to an excuse for some misdemeanour or other.  In reply I was informed “ You know what thought did – Thought thought his arm was out of bed so he got out to tuck it in again.”    All this time I have thought thought to be stupid but now I realise he was suffering from Anno Dominitis.  Most of us have experienced some of the lesser forms such as “stop, turn the car round, I think I have left the gas on” or going  back to check the already fully secured door.  

Recently I identified the true full condition of Anno Dominitis.  Walking up the garden I realised that I had not cleared all of the brambles I had pruned.  I went back to the shed to get my gloves, unlocked the door picked up the gloves, relocked the door and went up to the brambles only to find that I had put the gloves away again before re-locking the door!   I then suddenly realised that it was abnormal to keep the car keys in the fridge and as for taking the milk into the toilet when it was intended to go into the fridge!!  Yep I am definitely suffering with Anno Dominitis. 

I am now studying this condition as no one seems to know how it is transmitted nor how it is caught. Is it contagious? Is it in the genes?   No one seems to know so if you have experienced any odd happenings recently relate them here and Dr.Roy NCH rtd. Will analyse and prescribe if it is curable but you should be warned, so far Anno Dominitis has proved to be inconsistent and strikes when least expected.

Most of you will have had a friend who suffers, tell us about your the friend’s experiences, Dr Roy will advise.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

dave

superstar

#1 [url]

Sep 7 13 8:07 AM

LOL

I have  Anno Dominitis moments.

Most recent was at work. I was carrying out a repair to a control panel when I realised I needed a smaller screwdriver than the one I had. Went to tool box in my van came back and on commencing work found I did not have the tool with me. Quick search found I had left the screwdriver on the passenger seat.

I have other examples but I am sure there are plenty from other members.

Dave

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#2 [url]

Sep 7 13 1:50 PM

Dear Mr Dave,
                          A case of Retrieval Invertus a variant of Anno Dominitis. It has been suggested that sticking the tool behind the ear might work but having stuck pencils there then spent ages searching for them I am not sure if it is an effective cure.

Dr Roy  NCH rtd.

Quote    Reply   

dave

superstar

#3 [url]

Sep 7 13 3:50 PM

Dear Doc,

Does this including looking for my glasses when I am wearing them?

By the way are your consultations on the NHS or will I be getting a bill?

Dave

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#4 [url]

Sep 8 13 1:17 PM

Dear Mr Dave,

Thankyou for the clue, I have been searching for my glasses all morning.
I can assure you my services are free of charge as you have now become a research specimen.

Next I must research why I glow in the dark!

Dr Roy   NCH+ rtd.

Quote    Reply   

malsal

superstar

#5 [url]

Sep 8 13 3:58 PM

Roy ,you should have gone "Spec Savers", now where have I put mine .Happy Old age .-  Prof Malsal

Going to BLACKPOOL tomorrow do you want me to send you some ROCK

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#6 [url]

Sep 9 13 12:45 AM

Thanks Prof,
                             Bill Haley and The Comets would be nice especially if you can get a 45.

Dr Roy NCH+ Boilers rtd.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

royl

fanatic

#11 [url]

Oct 7 13 9:11 PM

GUESS WHAT

Why are we in Tesco's car park? we are meant to be taking the dog up the woods!
 Ha ha, Had you there, just testing.
And I suppose coming out in your slippers is just testing also!

A nonny mouse

Last Edited By: royl Oct 7 13 9:33 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help