Remove this ad

dianaw

superstar

Lead

Jan 25 14 1:53 PM

Tags : :

P.S.  I forgot to mention it would be advisable to book any accommodation as soon as possible as there is a conference on at the same time.

Last Edited By: dianaw Jan 25 14 2:01 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

dianaw

superstar

#1 [url]

Jan 25 14 2:12 PM

Harrogate Reunion 2014

Hi All,

The Harrogate Reunion will take place on Saturday 20th September at the Bilton Cricket Club, Bilton Lane, Harrogate from 3.00pm. The cost will be £6.00 towards the buffet & room. 

Everybody is welcome & I would love to hear from you in order to organise the catering, which I will be doing with the help of my girls.

love Di

P.S. This is the 2nd time I've done this message, I hope this one gets through.
I forgot to mention it would be advisable to book any accommodation as soon as possible as there is a conference on at the same time. x

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jan 25 14 7:54 PM

Well done once again Diana and Lewis.
 So, My little plane from Vancouver Island to Vancouver airport flight is booked, The plane from Vancouver to Manchester is booked, Train ticket from Crewe to Harrogate is booked, and the B&B is booked. Now what else is there?. Oh yea, Celia says, "For goodness sake buy some new shirts for this year" !.
To all that are visiting the website, I think we need to contact all those that we have not seen on it yet to let them know. email, phone, drums, signal fires, shouts, anything to gather the clan once again. Cant wait Di.
Take Care
Malc T

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#3 [url]

Jan 26 14 1:22 PM

Aww Thanks Malc T.  You're such a good support. 

We have a good response so far from the messages sent via phone numbers & email addresses I have.  Dorothy & David Cunningham (Sister Dorothy Green), Michael Calvert & wife Maureen,  David & Janet, Steve & Jackie Green,  Audrey King, Eva Underwood, Alan & Pam Varga & Lynn (Cornell) & Fred.  Loads more waiting for & to send.  I shall also send a message for a notice to appear in Extended Family & hope that will rally the troupes.  Wahoo - can't wait either.

love Di

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jan 31 14 5:58 PM

Congrats Di!

HI Di,
Fabulous to know that Harrogate keeps going with reunions!  I hope it's a great time for you and all who attend, and that you will get all the help you need with organising it! :-)  You go, girl!
Love,
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#5 [url]

Jan 31 14 7:56 PM

Thanks Shelagh,

Have you got any plans to visit the U.K. in September?  If so, it would be great to see you at our reunion.  Your would be made very welcome,  I have 40 yeses so far.

Hope you're keeping well & warm.  It's not too cold here yet, but very wet.  Luckily we're free from the flooding that's affecting many areas here.

love Di

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jan 31 14 10:00 PM

...if only...

HI Di!
Thanks for your kind invitation.  Nothing would please me more than to be able to come to one of your Harrogate reunions!  You are such a kind and welcoming crowd.  
I've just come back from a brief visit to the UK to be with my daughter, Helen, for her 50th birthday.  What a fantastic time!  The party was held in the theatre where she sometimes treads the boards, as it were--and such a lot of exuberant and talented people helped to make it the best birthday party I have ever had the luck to be part of!
Just talked with Helen on the phone this morning--like so many over there, she's sick of the rain!  And over here, you may have heard, we have had the coldest January in a century!  But I do believe we're emerging from it...shhh, don't let them know! :-)  Will send some sunshine your way.
All the best in the run-up to a fantastic reunion in September, Di.
Love,
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Feb 6 14 6:59 PM

Hello Di,
How are things going on the reunion front?. Lots of replies I hope although I don't see them Via the website. Do we have a quorum?.
Weather is strange here right now. Sunshine and 5-8 0c. Crocuses (or is that Croci)? are up, blue skies and sunshine. I love sunshine in the winter, you don't have to shovel it.
Take care
Malc T

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Feb 7 14 10:14 PM

Shovelling

HI Malc and all!
You mentioned shovelling.  We are still having to dig our way out of the big winter storm that hit here on Tuesday evening.  Quite a bit of snow, and followed by such low temps and windchill that it now has a nice icy crust on top.  Oh well--good exercise.  So looking forward to something more spring-like, but it's going to be a couple more months, probably.  Sad to see so much flooding in England!  What's happening to the world's weather?  Well, we know, don't we?  Seems counterintuitive to call it "global warming"--flipping freezing as far as I'm concerned!
Be well, warm and safe, one and all.
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#9 [url]

Feb 8 14 3:24 PM

[size=100]Hi Malc, 
All going well for the reunion, 47 to date & I'm awaiting quite a few replies to my messages.  Also hoping the notice in Extended Family will bring more to our fold.  I had a nice chat with Terry the other day, he rang me from Thailand & all being well, he will also be with us on September 20th. 

We have loads of snowdrops in our garden, but not a sign of a crocus.  I ventured out to do a bit of weeding the other day, but the ground is so wet & soggy, it didn't take long for me to scurry back inside to the warmth.

I'll keep you up to date with the reunion.  Take care,
love Di
[/size]

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#10 [url]

Feb 8 14 3:45 PM

Hi Shelagh,

imageTalking of your daughter Helen treading the boards:  This photo is from the local newspaper of our granddaughter Claire (being a saucy nurse).  Last October Claire was in a production of Alan Ayckbourne's classic 'Season's Greetings' & all our family went to watch, taking up 3 rows of the Theatre & making quite a noise.  

Keep wrapped up.

love Di

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dianaw

superstar

#11 [url]

Feb 8 14 3:54 PM

Hi Shel,

Nice to hear from you.  Any chance of you coming to the reunion this year?  I've left a message for Turilani to ring me,  hoping her & Neil will be able to come again.  If you're speaking to her, can you ask her for me.
Hope all is well with you in Switzerland.

love Di

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Feb 13 14 12:51 AM

Testing

Hi Di!
I seem to be back "on" with Lefora, but it's very unpredictable.  Apparently I have two accounts--will do what I can to sort this out, but I'm not on my home computer at the moment.  Trying to get things consolidated so I have one account.  I have some instructions from them about clearing cache and cookies--haven't had time to figure that bit out yet, but I will!  :-)
best to all,
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Feb 18 14 8:52 PM

more attendees

Hello Fairfielders,
Good News, Dorothy (Silk) is attending as is Bernie Morgan. Miriam is working on it. Looking for Sue Renton.
Take Care
Malc T

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#14 [url]

Aug 28 14 2:50 PM

Hi Malc S,  I've tried to send a couple of emails to you, one was in direct reply to yours, but I keep getting undeliverable.  Have you changed your email address.  Let me know.  Not long now to our reunion.  love Di

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Aug 31 14 10:03 PM

Hi Di, I'm just doing a test to see if my log in is working on the new Lefora. If I can see this post myself, I'll know it's worked! See you at the reunion. Alan

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Sep 1 14 11:33 AM

Reunion

Hi Bro Malc I have seen it often enough ,but what is the board with your name on that you are pointing too ,is it your board on your RANCH .How are you keeping anyway and when do you start your journey for the reunion (unlike me) you have a long way to come.Take care and have a good journey whenever it is . Malc S

Last Edited By: malsal Sep 1 14 11:36 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Sep 1 14 2:51 PM

Hi Big Bro Malc, Nice to hear from you. The board in my avitar pic is the welcome sign to Malcolm Island, a most beautiful place. It is up the coast from us on Vancouver Island. I, our Daughter, Son in law and granddaughter did a road trip up Island and ferried over to Malcolm Island and others.  It is predominately a First Nations Island but there wa a real heart wrenching thing on it. A huge brick house (empty and derilict now) from the early 1800 which was a residential school for native children, a horrible place with a history of cruelty and abuse by the priests etc, I stood looking at it and realized just how lucky we all were at Fairfield.
To brighter things, I leave on the 6th, little Cesna from our town at 10am to Vancouver, quick bus ride from one terminal to the big one, leave there 4.30pm, (time to snooze), then 9.5 hrs (another snooze) to Manchester, arriving 9.30am your time where niece Tracy will pick me up (I hope). I'm staying at my younger sisters in Nantwich.
I'll leave there on the 18th by train to Harrogate and will once again revel in seeing everyone again. I'm staying at the Arden house B&B along with Dee, Alan and Pam and was to be Terry, So sad he cant make it.
Take Care Malc, see you soon
Malc T

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Sep 1 14 10:14 PM

reunion

Hl Bro seems like you have a marathon journey ,unlike me just a sprint leave the house 10am and after 4 trains arrive at Harrogate 2-45 pm ,hardly time for a snooze but a day behind you .Have a nice stay with your Sisters Were they in the home with you ? if so will they be at the reunion .That House certainly has a bad history and makes me grateful for fairfield . Take care but enjoy yourself . Malc &; Lesley

Last Edited By: malsal Sep 1 14 10:25 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Sep 2 14 12:56 AM

Hi Malc,  Thanks for your good wishes re the journey. No,the younger sister I talk about is the one I knew nothing about until I found my Mother through my elder Sister, who was in Edgeworth, when she visited from here in Canada. Elder Sis has gone now so younger Sis is very special to me along with me two nieces and a nephew.
See you at the gathering
Malc T

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help