Remove this ad

dianaw

superstar

#21 [url]

Sep 2 14 8:37 PM

Hi Alan & Pam,

Well done Pam for persevering.  See you both at Hales Bar on the Friday night.  Have a good journey up to God's own country.
love Di

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dianaw

superstar

#23 [url]

Sep 4 14 9:25 AM

Hi All,

I'm delighted to tell you that Janet (nee Gilby) is going to be joining us again at reunion.  Janet has changed her flight home from holiday (booked a year ago) to an earlier day in order to be with us.  I also understand that Sister Millie & her husband are going to be there.  I think Sister Millie was after my time at Fairfield & I can't wait to meet her. GETTING CLOSER.  love Di

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Sep 12 14 9:36 PM

Hi  Fairfield'ers only a week to Hales Bar and a drink to rememberance of our Childhood and friends .Sorry Terry won't be there but Terry we will think of you on 16th and wish you all the best .Oh Bro Malc hope your enjoying your stay with your Sis and family ,Have a good journey to Harrogate on the 18th see you on 19th .  Cheers and greeting's to all  Malcolm s and Lesley

Last Edited By: malsal Sep 12 14 9:39 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#26 [url]

Sep 27 14 5:31 PM

Hi all,
Harrogate? Well that was some super reunion! Vicky and me wish to thank everyone who Involved for a really enjoyable afternoon/evening. We were particularly taken by the friendliness shown to us interlopers from a bit further south. It really was a great pleasure to meet up with, and put faces to, names from this forum. We even had a twirl from MalcT himself in his new shirt. But real serious thanks have to go to Di and her family who had obviously worked so hard to achieve the success that last Saturday so clearly was. Thanks to each and every one of you.
Roy and SWIMBO (ooops that will get me a thick ear!!) where is the delete button when you need it???

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#27 [url]

Sep 28 14 3:00 PM

Hi Roy,
Thanks for your lovely comments.  My family & I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of last weekend & I have to say the success was down to the effort that everyone made to be there.  Janet, who left her husband & family on holiday in Majorca & took an earlier flight home to be amongst us all, Pat who made the journey from Cornwall on 4 buses, Malc T all the way from Vancouver Island, Canada, June from Devon, just recovering from a big operation, I could go on & none of us spring chickens anymore.  Whoops, I'd better go & cook the Sunday dinner.
love Di

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Sep 28 14 4:25 PM

reunion

Hi Di ,many thanks for reuion  I have only just managed to log on but a big thank thank you to you and your family from myself and Lesley. It was great to see so many from the past like Pauleen and Kathleen (who are "looking after the elderly in care " made me feel younger ,. I was also pleased to see Harpo ROY ,but I was sorry not to get to talk more to him more,but I pleased he seemed to enjoy the reunion as much as us .Lesley and I walked to Birk Grag (it seemed lonnger than I remember ) though it was a nice day and we enjoyed the walk . Thanks again and take care      love to all Malcolm and Lesley

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Sep 28 14 4:54 PM

Good Wishes

HI JUNE ,It was great to see you I didn't know you had had a big OPP , hope all is well now and a big thank you for your Daughter for the lift to hotel it was nice of her to go out of your way . love xx Malcolm and Lesley 

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#30 [url]

Sep 28 14 5:24 PM

Hi Malc S,
lovely to see you & Lesley, both looking good at reunion. Crickey you must be fit to walk all the way to birk crag, I bet you didn't climb the rocks to check on any names carved on them by us lot. Maybe next time!!! It's really great that Pauline & Kathleen work together. Friday night I was at Ripon Cathedral for the Angel dinner in my long posh frock doing my volunteering selling raffle tickets. It was a great evening with a delicious dinner. Take care both.
love Di

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Sep 28 14 7:25 PM

Hi Fairfielders and Roy and Vicky. I got home at 2am this sunday morning your time, did 6 hours kip and woke up. The trend now, if it's like last time, is to drop off my perch unexpectedly!. Thats my excuse for any errors. 
It was, as has been said, a wonderful reunion due in so many ways to Di and Lew and Sandra and Annette and their hubbies. Great job all of you. Loved the quiz! (especially guessing which question we were on Lew). we scored 39 so have declared ourselves winners even though it wasn't a competition.
Great to se you, Roy and Vicky, thanks for taking the time to visit with us. I think it proved the bond between children of any branch really does exist.
Yes Di, I enjoyed the sunday church and did Most of the hymns without looking at the book. I glanced along our two rows and we were all doing the same, strange how things stick in the brain. I did the Ripon bus ride sunday evening and met the mutual friend of Ray Crisp and myself. What a memory jogging upper deck ride that was!
To all my fellow attendees, thank you for another emotionally moving experience as well as a really good fun time.
Take Care all
Malc T

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Sep 29 14 12:57 PM

Thanks for your report, Roy--by no means as "interloper", given the kind words of Malc T:  "I think it proved the bond between children of any branch really does exist". Yes! I feel that strongly too--how connected we all are, whether we manifest in physical form or not--with so much great sharing on the forum here! :-)
Thanks for being there on behalf of us few Harpenden lot! :-)
Cheers,
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Sep 29 14 1:31 PM

Pleased

Hi Bro glad to hear you are back safely and thanks for coming ,sorry not to see you  again before you left ,I was also sorry not to see Bro Roy before he set off back to the out backs (calm down Roy we appreciate the dangers you went through to get to us from the bad lands ) ,but seriously it was nice to see you and glad to see you enjoyed it thank you for coming .Take care of your selfs   Malcolm S

Last Edited By: malsal Sep 29 14 3:18 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#34 [url]

Sep 29 14 1:51 PM

Thanks for the message MalcS.
I was impressed that Di was impressed with your physical exertions on Sunday and was wondering if anyone would be impressed by our Sunday effort. With our dog Kate we walked to Pately Moor where we really enjoyed the wilds of the area. We did keep a good look out for dangers and at one time took cover when a large white thing appeared - could it be the ghost of Pately?, even if there is such a thing. No , it was a large sheep and as it wasn't carrying a Kalashnikov we continued to enjoy that super wide sky that the moors provide in spades. Our return to civilisation was an uneventful 4 hour drive on Sunday evening and so ended a weekend that hopefully will be repeated in the not too distant future.
Highest regards to you all,
Roy
p.s. Okay, I have to own up, we didn't walk from Harrogate but we did walk all of the 200yds from the car park on the moor. You see we really are brave!

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Sep 29 14 3:52 PM

adventure

Hi Roy glad you enjoyed your trip out but I thought you only had a week end pass  ,nice to see you anyway ,sorry not to see more off you but it was busy .bet you were frightened when the sheep jumped out at you did you think it was a stray stokie ..Lesley and myself left Harrogate by train (4)at 11 am and got to Mansfield 2-15 pm so it wasn't to bad ,then we went for a fish and chips and a beer or two . take care Malc s

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#36 [url]

Sep 30 14 12:40 PM

2014 Harrogate Reunion pictures

This is the only Reunion picture to emerge so far, is it the only one in existance??

p.s.   I'm the one on the right,  Roy

Last Edited By: royl Sep 30 14 12:51 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#38 [url]

Sep 30 14 2:31 PM

Hi Malc T,
So pleased you arrived home safe & sound.  You obviously excelled in the quiz, were you part of Marion's team?  I've heard from Alan & Pam & they had orders to check back to Marion with all answers.  I know Marion didn't want to leave early, however, it was also her husband's 50th reunion of The Granby High School band which Neil founded, so we'll let him off this time.  It was really great meeting up with you again, you're such a joy to be with & I was sad to say goodbye, although I know Celia will be glad to have you home again.  Take care,
love Di

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Sep 30 14 6:04 PM

Very nice, Roy and Di!  But who's the suspicious-looking character at the bar behind you ?
Good choice of colour for your new shirt, Roy! :-)
Di, you look stunning as always!
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

dave

superstar

#40 [url]

Sep 30 14 7:05 PM

Nice to see you doing your bit for inter-branch bonding Roy. Can't help wondering if you would have the same smile on your face if you were next to a stokie?

Only kidding folks
It sounds like all who attended the reunion had a great time.

Cheers
Dave
Thumbsup

Last Edited By: dave Sep 30 14 8:45 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help