Remove this ad

royl

fanatic

Lead

Mar 26 14 5:27 PM

Tags : :

Does any one else think that spring has just barged in this year?    It does seem to me that the gentle progress seen in many previous years has been usurped by an almost brash display from Snowdrops blooming through the Crocus ( or is it Crocii?)   the Daffodils pushing both of those out of the way and in the woods the Bluebells are already in bud, (which will please Shelagh).   May blossom in the trees is vieing with the Cherry and some of the Plum already showing colour.    Is it me or is it really a case of a compressed or advanced season.
Of course it could be just that Ruislip is yet again demonstrating penchant for being different but journeys around this area do seem to be supporting the wider effect theory. 
As usual good old S - - has activated his law again. This was due to be illustrated with brilliant pics of every flower imaginable, or at least I hope they are imaginable, as it is a tad damp outside and being the wilting flower type I am unable to sally forth even for this epic opus.

cheers all.
royl

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 29 14 12:01 PM

Some NCH wisdom

"The spring has sprung, the grass is there.
I wonder where the birdies are?
They say the bird is on the wing,
but that's absurd:
the wing is on the bird!"

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Mar 30 14 3:58 PM

Spring terminology...

Hey all, 
Talk about differences in NCH terminology, here's what I got from Jennifer this morning!Hey Shelagh,  I can't post on the site, but I can still make my comments ! I always thought the ditty went thus: The spring is sprung,the grass is riz.I wonder where the birdies is.

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#3 [url]

Mar 30 14 4:30 PM

image  From Jennifer
We put the clocks forward this morning and it's 9.30 already so it seems very late, but I've had my walk, put a fresh loaf of bread on to 'do'  and fed the hens.  The air is full of birdsong.  Blue tits are busily cleaning out all the nest boxes we distributed around the garden.  Mr Pheasant and his four lady wives patrol the meadow, and later, as the atmosphere warms up, we'll see the buzzards flying high on the thermals.  The hares entertain us with their gymnastic displays and now that the hunting season is over,  the deer population are venturing out into the open again   .......     Masses of yellow & mauve primroses brighten up the banks of the country lanes, and the little old fashioned cowslip has made its appearance at the edges of the woodland.  There are also signs of life in the vegetable plot.   We've had very little frost here in the Creuse this winter, and it has been surprisingly mild this year, although just like you in the UK, we've certainly had plenty of rain.   This has encouraged our purple-sprouting brocolli to put forth plenty of tasty new shoots and as the first crop of the season, it makes a very welcome spring delicacy   ..........   So spring really does seem to have arrived at last.     

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Apr 1 14 5:28 PM

Test succeeding, Jennifer

Which reminds me of that notice on a psychiatrist's wall:  "If this had been your real life, you would have been given better instructions".
Lefora is a lot like the unreal one...:-)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help