Remove this ad

dave

superstar

Lead

Jun 19 14 7:11 PM

Tags : :

imageimageimage
My daughter celebrating her Masters degree at the Symphony hall, Birmingham.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

dave

superstar

#2 [url]

Jun 19 14 8:28 PM

Thanks Di,
It was a great achievement. She was working as a PA at the local council, Coventry, while studying part time. Her thesis was on women at work during the 2nd world war in the various factories around Coventry. She passed with Merit. She now has a placement as trainee history curator at the Herbert museum, Coventry. Another fantastic achievement as there were 500 applicants.

Sorry if I am going on but it is great to share with my extended NCH family.

Cheers
Dave
Thumbsup

Last Edited By: dave Jun 19 14 8:31 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#3 [url]

Jun 19 14 8:47 PM

Who is the proud proud pappy then? This is a real achievement on her behalf and it looks to me as though she deserves just another pat on the back before the world becomes real again for you all. WHAT AN ACHIEVMENT!
This must also mean that its your round first!
See you at Highfield
Roy

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jun 30 14 1:59 PM

Congrats, Dave!

Hi Dave,
So happy for you.  Enjoy all the celebrations, and my very best wishes to your daughter and all the family!  :-)  Have a great day at Harpenden, and if you get a chance, take  some great pics!  I know how good you are with that camera of yours.
This is a day to celebrate for me too--my last day working at the library!  There'll be a party for all the staff and several of our loyal patrons this afternoon, and then as of tomorrow--I'll be footloose and fancy-free!  Still hard to believe!  What on earth am I gonna do?  That is the question...well, I have a few ideas.  There's still some tread in these old tyres!
  But in any case,have one for me too at the Harpenden reunion!
Best to all,
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jul 1 14 12:42 AM

Well congratulations to you Shelagh. This retirement thing isn't tooo bad. I have so much to do around the plave, I
m busier than when I was working. Think about it, I know your an avid reader as am I, so you could always go to the library as I do?, just a thought.
Stay well and enjoy Shelagh.
Malc T

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Jul 1 14 12:41 PM

Ha-hah, Malc!

HI Malc,
As this "first day of the rest of my life" dawns, I think I'll wait on the library thing :-)  I've only been there in various capacities for the past sixteen years!  As to reading, my home is ever closer to resembling a book shop or a library, itself!  But you can't imagine how many people asked me yesterday, "So, what are you gonna do?"  Never had a problem with that!  :-)  Thanks for the good wishes, though.  However, suggestions about negotiating this transition from you veterans of such will always be welcome.  Love the idea of being my own boss once more, as nice as my boss at the library was. :-)
Best,
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jul 4 14 10:26 AM

A proud day

Hi i hope you are all well. I must start by congratulateing your Daughter Dave no mean Achievment,i can remember my Daughter doing her degreees in English LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE whilst holding down a full time job and bringing up a small child, so i no how proud you must be. Well done
          I will be going too the Harpenden reunion on Ssturday hope too see some old friends
Well Shelagh congratualtions on your retirement i am sure that you wont let the grass grow under your feet, just remember that for years you have Lived too work now you can work to liveimage and its great too be back on the forum stay well best regards Bertie B.

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#9 [url]

Jul 4 14 3:45 PM

Hi Bertie,
Please note - the Harpenden reunion is on Sunday it is the Watford reunion on Saturday - I do hope that was just a typo and not faulty diary!
See you Sunday, Roy

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#11 [url]

Jul 16 14 2:33 PM

Hi Shelagh,

Congratulations on your retirement.  Like you, at first when I retired I wondered how I would fill my time, but it didn't take long for me to wonder how I found time to work.  Enjoy yourself, you deserve it.
love Di

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jul 17 14 12:49 AM

Thanks Di!

Thanks for your good wishes Di. I'm amazing myself by being busier than ever (people have warned me about that), and yes, wondering how I ever managed to fit work into my day!  :-)
Oh, but I do love being my own boss!  And I don't tell Cyril what shirts to wear--well, hardly ever...  Only if it's too creased, or we're going somewhere special, or there's a missing button, or the pocket's torn--just little things like that. ;-)
Love,
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help