Remove this ad

dianaw

superstar

Lead

Nov 17 14 10:09 AM

Tags : :

Hi Shelagh, & Everyone,

Our clever Toby has managed to put the video on you tube for us all to watch.  I hadn't forgotten Shelagh & hope you will be able to view it, because when I tried to copy & paste the link he sent me, the browser would only let me paste this.  Let me know & I'll be in touch later.

love Di

" target="_blank" rel="nofollow nofollow">
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Nov 17 14 12:55 PM

Hi Di!
Thank you SO much for not forgetting my interest in seeing this!  The link seems to be working just fine, so do thank Toby too!  I haven't watched the whole film yet--it's very early in the morning here and I'm not fully awake yet, but I'm thrilled to have this opportunity to see it all, once I am fully awake later today.:-)
Wonderful, Di.  Many thanks.  I hope lots of people watch it, and that we can have some good discussion about it here on the forum.
Love,
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#2 [url]

Nov 17 14 10:01 PM

Hi Shelagh,
this is the 4th time of trying to reply. I don't know what has happened to the film. But if you go on YouTube & put the title in & search, you can watch it there. Let me know if are successful.
​love Di

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Nov 17 14 10:44 PM

Di,
The film is running ok, watchers might need to click on the arrow and then wait for Lefora to catch up.
I like the idea at the start of the film that the "new" boy is played by one of the boys at the Home.
The story is nice and basic, with the other items of how the NCH runs it make a nice film.
Is that a young 'Pop' Roycroft?

Philip

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#4 [url]

Nov 18 14 10:59 AM

Hi Philip
I'm so pleased, it was just on my tablet that it wasn't showing & I know the quality is not too good.  All the children & Sisters are genuine NCH, it's just the voices that are not.  Far too posh a voice for Sister Edith, who had a lovely Durham accent.  Sister Edith, in the film, looked after me from the age of 2 to 17 years & was very special to me.  Sister Mary came along when I was about 10.  The inside of the house is that of No. 2 where I lived, but the outside shows No 7.  Yes that is a younger Pop Roycroft.  When we showed the film at our last 2 reunions, Robert (really called Paul) & Brian his mate, were sat watching it, now in their 60s & still very recognisable from the little boys in the film.  At the 2012 reunion it was the first time anybody had seen it in Harrogate & there were a few tears spilled that day.
love Di

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Nov 18 14 7:28 PM

HI Di!
I have now seen the whole film, and it's very moving for various different reasons.  I see the good intentions of the whole NCH endeavour, and that it was of great benefit to many children whose alternatives would have been grim, to say the least!  I can well imagine this must mean so much to all of you from Fairfield, and it really wasn't so much different from how it was at Harpenden, or any of the other homes, except possibly those that were designed for special needs children.  Yes, I recognised Mr Roycroft (I don't think he was ever known as "Pop" at Harpenden, but any one of the Harpos can correct me on this if I am wrong. :-)  It was nice to see the Rev Waterhouse too.  Very many thanks, Di!
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Nov 22 14 7:19 AM

Mr Roycroft

Hi - Are you able to send me the link of the film you mention please?  I am new to all this but have been doing some research. Both my mother and myself were in a childrens home.  So it is close to me from both sides.  My mother was in Harrogate from 1945 to 1951 I think I asked if you knew or remembered her in my previous communication.  A real conincidence is that Mr Roycroft (the Governor of Fairfield) is the same surname as  my husband of whom I married back in 1971.  At the time my mother didn't mention that it was the same name and I only found out about 15 years ago.  I haven't done any research yet on whether or not Mr Roycroft is in any way a  relation to my husband.
Linda

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Nov 22 14 12:35 PM

Do you mind that I have posted the Youtube video on my website?

Hello - I am hoping that I have the approval to post the youtube video onto my website.  I have watched it all the way through and it is great and am very greatful that someone has taken the time to put it together.  I have allready put it on the front page but always like to get approval aswell and will of course take it off if prefered.  I have also put some writing underneath the video and hope that those words are okay.

From Linda

Quote    Reply   

clive

superstar

#9 [url]

Nov 29 14 11:10 PM

Dear Di,

Congratulations on adding this NCH publicity film to this site and to You tube.

Best wishes,

Love

Clive

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help