Remove this ad

dianaw

superstar

Lead

Feb 26 15 8:27 PM

Tags : :

imageimageI had a letter today from Paul (David's brother) to tell me of the sad news of David's death.  David had been ill for some considerable time suffering from Alzhelmer's disease.  
A very clever & good natured boy, David won a scholarship to Ashfield College & I used to love helping Sister Edith pack his trunk after each school holiday for his return back to college as a boarder. He was a firm favourite with all the kids & staff.  Our condolences go to his wife Jackie.
love Di
(David 3rd from the right at the back)   
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 27 15 1:34 AM

So sorry to hear about David. I was very young but can remember him clearly, One of those Boys you looked up to.  My thoughts are with his wife and with Paul who is closer to my age group.
Malc T

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 27 15 2:07 AM

Hi Di,
It's such sad news about David Manser. While his family and friends mourn his passing, there must also be a sense of relief ,that at last he has been freed from the dreadful illness that has slowly been eroding his mind and personality. Hopefully their memories of David in happier times will sustain them. Please pass on my condolences to Jackie and Paul.
Love, Dorle.

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#3 [url]

Feb 27 15 5:17 PM

Hi Dorle & Malc.,
Thanks for your messages, I'll be dropping a line to Jackie & Paul & will pass them on.  You're so right in what you say Dorle, I'm glad I never had to witness David's illness particularly in the later stages so I can remember him in good health & spirits.  The last time they came to our house would be approximately 9 years ago at the very beginning of his illness.
love Di 

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help