Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Sep 19 10 5:40 PM

I don't recall involvement in any other photo sessions during my time at the home.

Just been skimming through your exposition of your young life.

My comment?    Been there, done that, got the Tee shirt.  No surprise really that other children had  experiences mirrowing mine! and I suspect life was worse during my stay.

The 'family' system was not introduced until some years after I left so the group one was in comprised the entire house giving bullies more scope for their sport for a start.
As I told Sheilaghc, I Hated the NCHO as I found it.

I had some luck after I left
Being sort of adopted at 21 years old by a lovely Lady who l regarded as My Mother.
Meeting and marrying my wonderful wife of 52 years to-gether.  Two grown up boys, Three super granddaughters and one grandson.
Life ain't bad now.     Regards  Norman  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Oct 24 10 4:57 PM

Hi.

Anyone out there remember these sisters,  Winifred Hankin, Alice Brighton......Edgeworth.

Dorothea, Dorothy Ford, Laura Harrington, Valery Love, (Matron)- Jane Little....Chipping Norton.

Regards     Norman

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Dec 12 10 4:18 PM

I feel a wee bit silly asking this.I tried to insert image last night.I wanted to put up an old pic of Myself but it wouldn't happen. Can someone let Me know how it works Please? Thankyou.

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#24 [url]

Dec 12 10 4:47 PM

to add a photo etc
Click on the logo at the bottom LEFT of this box  (UPLOAD FILES) (after you have typed the title of you photo in this message box.
A location box will then appear, you should have the photo in Photoshop etc or some other part of your computer as a picture (possibly with the title "Alanphoto.jpeg"  etc

Once located click upload, the counder should reach 99% then ask you if you want to delete it. dont click that item.
Go across to the little box on the lower RIGHT and clic that (Submit reply) your photo should then upload.

One tip if you upload a photo, try to keep it in the 50k to 500k size, anything larger than that might be too big to display.

Good luck.

Philip.

Note If you are using Firefox with the auto display turned off The Upload Files button will at first show as the Firefox arrow, you will neeed to click that first before the Upload file button shows.

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#30 [url]

Dec 19 10 3:13 PM

Christine,
You seem to have got it to work, the photo has loaded.

Philip

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

philip

fanatic

#32 [url]

Dec 19 10 7:49 PM

Christine,
The photo will be too lage for use as a profile picture.
Yo will need to cut it down in size by using the edit in your photo programme so that only the small picture part of the photo is saved. Then add it into your edit profile section (very top right of the page).
Please keeptrying.

Philip

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#37 [url]

Dec 21 10 11:00 PM

Brian,
Before someone say's about a piece of string, there are a variety of times 6 weeks to six months can be good averages.
If you were just in the NCH and no other homes it is the fastest at about 2 months.
Additional delays are often for children who were in non NCH homes at some point in their care, or were children that came from the council departments before been put in the NCH, for these cases extra files will have to be sort from other charties/councils etc. If a parent put you into the NCH, often you will then only have an NCH file to find, so it will be quicker.
If you are of an older age where most of the family members that were involved with your time in care, will no longer with us, less time will need to be checking you file for third party information, it also helps if you are an only child as there will be no information on brothers or sisters to remove.
It will also depend in which area is dealing with your file, if several people are requesting files, then this can add to the delay.

If you have not heard any information after four months, then that's the time to request a progress report from them.
Good Luck.

Philip - 44783 (for files with numbers higher than this add an extra month).

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Dec 22 10 1:23 PM

Re N.C.H. Records.

Hi Philip.
I was only at Larpool Hall with my two brothers, but they will have 14 years of records to research,
so I may have a long wait.
Thankyou.
Brian'

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Dec 27 10 4:01 PM

I would like to know if anyone knows Who was the Architect of Gayhurst? Bit of a strange question, I know.But it's bugging Me.(Don't know why.It just is.)I once took five of My Children on a church/club holiday to Foxhill Conference Center in Cheshire.Around 1990.When I got there I immediately knew the layout of the building.Twas a wee bit odd because I'd never even heard of the place before We went there.Anyhow. I asked the owner at the time about the building and He went on a search to answer My questions.I told Him what I knew about His house that I'd never been in before.He must have thought I was a wee bit batty.But He did tell Me and I've forgotten Who built the place.Reason for My question is that it was the exact same building as Gayhurst.I remember He was quite amused with what I knew and eventually told Me that Both were designed by the same Man.But Who?

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#40 [url]

Dec 27 10 7:17 PM

Christine,
A word with the local reference library in that area might work, of try Google with the words Frodsham History etc.

Philip

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help