Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Dec 27 10 9:59 PM

Girly on a mission..........Thankyou Philip. I'll give it a whirl n see how far it gets Me. If I get stuck I will ring Foxhill Conference Center or something.I'll get there,You'll see. Only because it was bugging Me. I'll get back to You with My new found knowledge.Ha! I hope. :)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Dec 28 10 1:29 PM

If anyone remembers me Jackie Martin I was in Flat 16 Sister Violet was the housemother I was there from 1970'78. I was in the choir and in the singing group sovereign collection.

Quote    Reply   

dave

superstar

#43 [url]

Dec 28 10 8:39 PM

Hello and welcome to the site Jackie,

It is possible we have met as I was in flat 1 up until 1973. I do recall your name but not sure of any details to be honest. The little grey cells need a jolt.
You may recall either of my sisters, Vere or Sally Price. Vere was in the choir and had an on and off friendship with Susan Burn. I think Sally was in the choir as well but again am not certain.

Anyhow it is nice to see we are starting to get some members from our era at last, the old boys and girls have had it their way for too long.

Oh well that's my card marked for punishment at next reunion day, may need some backup Philip..........

Keep posting Jackie and don't be afraid to ask for any help.

Happy and peaceful new year to you
Dave

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#44 [url]

Dec 28 10 9:26 PM

Dave,
I think for your punishment, we all will have to get Malcolm to find a few more photos, and he will be able to spill the beans on all your girlfriends. That should make an interesting story, and you thought he was too young to remember.

Was Lenton in flat 1 in your era, or had he managed his escape by then, another sorce of memories, although, he might need a couple of doses of the truth drug, to get his grey cells back into full working order.

Philip

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Dec 29 10 3:04 AM

Hi Dave,
I remember Sally at least I think I do. I remember red hair and that she was tall or maybe she was just older than I. I am 47 now so was around 7/8 when I went to Harpenden NCH and was there until I was 16. If this is her I remember a really lovely person and she had a lovely smile I think she had been kind to me.

Quote    Reply   

dave

superstar

#46 [url]

Dec 29 10 8:30 AM

Hi Jackie,
I think the Sally you are thinking of is Sally Jones she was taller and older than my sister and as you say had red hair, very much as you describe her. I left in 1973 just before my 16th birthday having been in since I was 8. My brother and sisters followed a few months after.

Philip,
Yes Lenton was in flat 1 when Sally and I joined Vere and Malcolm in the flat. I think he was there for about a year before leaving to become a chef.

As to girl friends it is fair to say I had a few brief encounters but will spare the blushes of the fair maidens by not mentioning names.

Dave

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Dec 30 10 7:03 PM

Hello Jackie, I remember you arriving at Harpenden, I lived downstairs from you at flat 15 I left shortly afterwards though, I'm sure you remember Angela and Veronica the twins,you may remember from flat !5 my brother Sean, and a younger child Keith
Stay safe

best regards
Chris Clingham

Flat 15 or Walker House With Ena Woodhurst

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#49 [url]

Jan 14 11 12:05 AM

Terry I can delete an entire message if you like, just tell me the heading it was under and part of the item.

For a poster to delete or change an item, it has to be done within a short time if its first up load.

Philip

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Jan 14 11 12:01 PM

Hi Philip The page what i would like to delete is from yesterday

Text is   Sorry this came in wrong ( plus attachments )

I wonder if you can move photos i put out yesterday 13 onto the Harrogate site in addition to having them available where it is now just so they do not eventually dissapear

Regards Terry

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

philip

fanatic

#53 [url]

Jan 16 11 5:55 PM

The NCH will still have your file, if you would to see it.
Please contact
Action for Children
Business Admin Support Officer
Performance Improvement and Inclusion Division
3 The Boulevard
Ascot Road
Watford WD18 8AG
UK

The link is
 http://www.actionforchildren.org.uk/content.aspx?CategoryID=303&ArticleID=281

YOUR NCH RECORDS
Since 1869 NCH has cared for tens of thousands of children who spent all or part of their early lives at NCH homes in England, Wales, Canada and Australia. ACTION FOR CHILDREN (The new name of the NCH)  holds, in the strictest confidence, personal information on most people who lived in an NCH Home.

Who can get access to personal records?
Knowing who you are and where you come from is important to everyone. NCH has always been happy to share information with anyone who requests it, and because we are committed to openness and recognise the importance of family identity we are very happy for former residents to have access to any personal information we may hold concerning them.

Also download
http://www.actionforchildren.org.uk/uploads/media/33/11243.pdf

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#54 [url]

Feb 8 11 1:36 PM

Sue,
I will delete the big one.
You will first need to delete the photo on you details section if it is still there, then wait a day for the system to settle.
Next, copy the small image to your picture programme on your computer, Photoshop, Microsoft Pcture etc.
Then load that photo onto your Lefora site page.
Good luck, if it fails, let us know.

Philip

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#55 [url]

Feb 8 11 1:39 PM

Jeff,
Can you add any ideas on how to help loading the photo, I know you are an expert in getting large things to fit into small spaces.
1.   Full pints of beer into half pint glasses.
2.   16 foot organ pipes into 10 foor rooms etc.

Philip

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Feb 24 11 3:55 PM

Philip, my younger sister contacted me the other day,got a phone call from the application to view files, asked if we could wait untill all three applications were recieved,and then possibly we can all read our files at the same time,im not sure if this is a good idea or not.

Sorry not been around the last week or so, had a nasty flare up of M.E/Fibro.

Has the date for the reunion been decided,if so, when is it. Directions on a postcard please,lol

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#57 [url]

Feb 24 11 5:16 PM

SK,

If you were all in the same Home and left around the same time rather than going into other Homes when you left, it would be a good idea to get all the applications in one single batch, with a covering note that you all want to see the full content of ALL the files and not have the third party info relating to other members making the application removed. Otherwise three files will have to be gone through to remove the items releating to each other.
Are there any other people (relatives etc) living that might be mentioned in the file?

If it is only yourselves that will be mentioned, then possibly you might be able to choose one location for all the files to go to, otherwise unless you all live in the same area, the files might get split up and sent to each region where you all live.

It will be a case of ganging up, and telling them what you want, it might actually be quicker, if the files are done at one time, but you might be seen one at a time depending what is in each file. If there are three of you, then three boxes of paper handkies will be needed.

--------------------
Date for the Highfield reunion has not yet been sorted, still waiting to hear what events YWAM are planning for that time of the year.

Philip

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Mar 23 11 12:49 PM

Hi Philip ,
im in the same position as Dorthy i was in 3 different homes, the trouble that i have i dont remeber how long i was in Swansea for and the other homes....my phsychiatrist said im blacking my past out because of things that had happened...i would like to try and get my puzzle completed.

im not living in England will that a make a difference or can i still apply for my files?

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#59 [url]

Mar 23 11 2:44 PM

Husky,
You can still ask for your files, see a few other posts from those who are overseas and have got their files, it might take a little longer, but as there is a slight delay with the amount of files getting looked at there should not be much difference, possibly 2-3 months once they have located the actual paperwork (that is if you were just in care with just the NCH), if you were also in non NCH homes it could easily be 6 months.
see:
http://www.actionforchildren.org.uk/content/303/Former-care-residents

and form
http://www.actionforchildren.org.uk/uploads/media/33/11243.pdf.

If you need more help just ask.

Philip

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Apr 28 11 10:10 PM

Hi Sue
I can't remember any of the houses being called special. The only one which could be said to be different was Wellfield which was through the back orchard behind numbers 1 and 2. It was not a purpose built home for children in care but a fairly large family house which I think was acquired during my time there.
I always thought Traugott Winkler was lucky to live there with Sister Edna (?) because he was given use of a small room near the front door to do his homework but we had to try and do ours in the main living room where there was never any peace and quiet to allow concentration.

David

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help