Remove this ad

#81 [url]

May 8 11 4:26 PM

Is there anyone who has info about A Jacka and family, I have many good memories of them while on holiday in Whitby or Scarborough i can remember his daughters we would swim or play together we are about the same age.
Terry

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#82 [url]

May 8 11 6:13 PM

Terry,  am I right in thinking there was a Mr  Jacka who lived with his family on the road  approaching the chapel at Harlow Hill ?   A tall, thin chap who was a staunch methodist whom we saw regularly at the services with Miss Houseman & Miss Worship.
Jennifer

Quote    Reply   

#83 [url]

May 9 11 9:15 AM

Hi Jennifer The Mr Jacka i refer to was from the head office at Highbury i am not sure exactly what his work was . I cannot remember a Mr Jacka at Harlow Hill.
Love Terry

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#85 [url]

May 9 11 12:50 PM

Mr Alan Jacka OBE, MA. Education Secretary, then Social Work Adviser.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Birmingham Governors Governors of the Birmingham Branch. H.C. Roycroft 1942-1947 Alan A. Jacka 1938-1942 Trevor Thomas 1947-1949 A.H. Lenton 1949-1968 and Ken Phipps 1968.
-----------------------------------------------
Edgworth At the opening of the war memorial organ at Edgworth 13th September 1950. Mr Reginal Foort F.R.C.O., Anne Chadwick, Governor F.J. Milverton, Principal the Rev. John W. Waterhouse and Alan A. Jack.
-------------------
Philip

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

#86 [url]

May 9 11 2:52 PM

Oh, I'm getting mixed up  AGAIN.     I remember the names Jacka  and  Waterhouse.  And I certainly recognise the chap   who is second on the right in the bottom photo.  I think he came for tea at number seven    ......    Does anyone else remember that the houses would all take it in turns to give tea to whoever came to take the service on Sunday evenings ?  We'd have to be on our extra special best behaviour when we were the chosen ones. 
And of course  ILLINGWORTH   is the name of the chap who was very involved with the chapel at Harlow Hill  ......   I think.
Jennifer

Quote    Reply   

clive

superstar

#87 [url]

May 10 11 4:24 PM

Dear Jennifer,

That photograph was published in THE EDGWORTH STORY by Gordon E Barritt which states:-

"The opening of the organ was also memorable because it was the occasion of the first official visit to Edgworth of the new Principal, the Rev John W Waterhouse.  The photo caption reads 

Friday, 13 September 1950

At the opening of the War Memorial Organ

Mr Reginal Foort, FRCO, Anne Chadwick, Soprano, with the then Governor Mr E J Milverton, the Principal at that time, the Rev John W. Waterhouse, and Mr Alan A Jacka.

Mr Waterhouse joined the NCH Executive Committee at Highbury in September 1944.  Mr Alan A Jacka, OBE, MA was the NCH Education Secretary.

Best wishes,

Clive 

Quote    Reply   

clive

superstar

#88 [url]

May 31 11 8:26 PM

Dear Terry,

I have just been trawling through earlier messages and I will try to send you some information on Alan Jacka's daughters when I return from France on Friday.

Best wishes,

Clive

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#90 [url]

Jun 3 11 12:01 AM

Some photos are currently been revised in size.

Philip

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#91 [url]

Jun 3 11 12:18 AM

Lads
 Another one at the Blackpool tower ballroom organ peddles was Ray Odgen, around 1978/79, one of the Harpenden chaps (name with held) played there also he done This is your Life on the late Regnold Dixon, and spoke at his memorial service too. Mick Mapp

Quote    Reply   

#92 [url]

Jun 3 11 10:37 AM

Hi Jeff, is the stokenchurch you mention the one outside High Wycombe?..prob lots of Stokenchurches around,, just wondering as i know the Wycombe one sort of well..
Regards

John

Quote    Reply   

#93 [url]

Jun 3 11 10:40 AM

Hi Guys, can anyone tell me approx how long it tkes to get your files?, been waiting 2 months now and just wondering if its worth contacting, AFC again.
Thank You

John

Quote    Reply   

#94 [url]

Jun 3 11 11:51 AM

Hi Jeff, what a small world, i lived in High Wycombe from 1988 to 2004, when i moved to wales. I was the Cretaker at for Wycombe Council from 1988 to 1989, then went on to become Caretaker at Thee heights first School in Downley, till 1991, then Caretaker of Wycombe High School till i left in 2004.
When i was a Unison officer, i defended the Caretaker of the school in Stokenchurch,(think the head was a Mr White( i won the case),and i used to have the odd tipple now and again at the pubs there(think it was fox&hounds(stand corrected)...on my records, im not sure if its appropriate to put a bit pressure on...think a couple more weeks, then a call will wing its way to them, i would have thought they would all be in 1 central point, but mine is in Scotland, how weird, considering i was in Scarborough...

Quote    Reply   

clive

superstar

#95 [url]

Jun 5 11 12:48 PM

Dear Jeff,

With regard to your comments:-

"John, keep chasing them, you are entitled to your records by law.. do not be fobbed off by photo copies! insist on the origninals (law).....Jeff"

Which legislation covers this provision, please?  Originals would be better than poor copies of carbon copy reports.

Best wishes,

Clive

Quote    Reply   

#96 [url]

Jun 5 11 12:49 PM

Hi Philip where do I view just photos. I have looked on Photo page and cannot find recent pics that have been posted on my behalf, I have also searched on other
 pages, and am at a loss. HELP !!
 Perhaps I am being a bit thick as was assesed,  many years ago when entering  my years in care.  Thanks in advance for your reply.

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#97 [url]

Jun 5 11 3:54 PM

Miram,
What were the photos of?

Some members put them on the photo page, others just mix them on the general message pages, if they do that they can be on any of the hundred or so main message pages.
You will really need to ask the uploader where they put them.

Philip

Quote    Reply   

#98 [url]

Jun 5 11 4:06 PM

Thanks Philp, the pics were of Harrogate children and also Knaresborough taken on a weekend reunion in the 1960's  I have emailed Sue Relton to ask how I can find them as Sue posted them on for me and I am sure Malcolm will assist, he has seen some of the pics but there were more Sue was posting on my behalf.  As you mention they could be on any page, I dont feel so inadequate now. thanks again for you reply.

Quote    Reply   

clive

superstar

#100 [url]

Jun 6 11 9:01 AM

Dear Terry,

As promised, and going back to 1971, Mr Jacka's children were Kate (husband Dr Don Pearson), Jane (husband Dr Anthony Costello), Judith (husband Mr John Chambers) and Miss Susan Jacka.  

Best wishes,

Clive 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help