Remove this ad

#121 [url]

Apr 12 12 9:30 PM

Hi.
I just wanted to know if anyone on here was in Newton Hall in Frodsham in the 70's-80's. If so do you remember Mrs/Miss Royal.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#124 [url]

Nov 16 12 6:18 PM

Hi everyone My name is Derrick Quinton and on these pages I am known as dellinz can anyone tell me how to put my photo on the page where the green box is please, be gentle with me though I'm not very good with the terminology that's used on computers. Thankyou.

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#125 [url]

Nov 16 12 11:10 PM

Hi Derrick,
To add your picture:- you might find it easier to print these directions as you will go off this page when following them.

1. Scroll to the top of this page, at the top on the right you will the wording 'edit profile' click on it. A page with blue print will open.

2. On the right is a box similar to the picture box, next to it is the wording ' change your avatar' click on it.

3. On the new screen are some choices for getting pictures, as you have a photo to use click on the top button 'choose a picture from your computer' Then click on the word 'browse'

4. A window opens into your computer, on this find the picture you wish to use and click on it. At the bottom of the box the computer address will be shown, click on the word 'open' alongside. This will take you back to the 'change avatar' screen.

5. In the slot beside the word 'browse' the address for your picture will appear. Go to the bottom below the grid of icons and click on the 'save' button.

That is it.    It is a lot of words but I have put it as simply as I can you will probably not need half of the prompts.
Just a word of warning, it can take a while for the picture to appear on the forum, this can be days in some cases.

Best of luck,

Roy

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#126 [url]

Nov 17 12 12:06 AM

Roy,
Thanks for putting up the instructions for Derrick and the other members who have not yet added their photos.
A couple of extra hints, your photo needs to be in a vertical format and keep it small (shrink it to about 10k) if you can.
Once loaded onto lefora it might not appear instantly, allow up to 24 hours before you have a second go.

Philip

Quote    Reply   

#127 [url]

Dec 8 12 10:54 PM

hi phil i was at bankfield childrens home in the sixties.my name is joe smith.i was in the old bankfield and the new one.we dug up a old air raid shelter.i also played for the team and went to hastings on holiday.

Quote    Reply   

#128 [url]

Feb 19 13 5:43 PM

Please add your questions here, and we will try to answer them

-philip

Hi Philip, Is there a chance that another reunion will be held in Harrogate? I would love to meet up with some of the former members, particularly those who lived in No.1 at Fairfield,in the 1940s. Great site that brought memories flooding back. All the best, John 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#129 [url]

Jun 16 13 11:29 PM

Hiya Philip 

How do i go about getting my records from Watson House although we were only in care for 9 months in either 1973/74 thank you for any help you can give me 

Elaine Woods 

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#132 [url]

Aug 12 13 9:32 PM

Shelagh,
I think you need to tweak something in your profile settings, but I would leave it alone for the moment. Lefora are going to change all the group settings soon and give it all a new name, new feel and new content.

xxxxxx!!!xx

Philip

Quote    Reply   

#133 [url]

Aug 15 13 12:06 AM

Thanks Philip!
Just now logged back on and saw your reply was a few days ago!
Will do as you suggest and just wait to see what the changes in Lefora will be.
Hope you're having a great summer!
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

#134 [url]

Mar 8 15 8:02 PM

new member.

Hello Philip.
Apologies but I don't know how to reply etc. Any advice would be grateful.
My username is Paul21 but I had birth name in NCH Cathkin House Rutherglen Glasgow. Me and family were one of the first Children in care there apex 1955 til 1960s.Mr. Niven was the Superintendent at the time. Me, my two brothers and two sisters were at Cathkin.
I was just a baby and stayed there til I was 9. I now live in Blackpool and happily married.
I've lots of memories to share.
I am willing to give you my personal Email address if that would help you to know I'm a genuine child of NCH.
I will also disclose to you my Family name etc so you can check Registers etc. Please let me know how I can give you these personal details that you and Forum members may require to prove who I am?
I have already posted a couple of messages, one was to Richard (Mr. Niven's Grandson) but I don't know if it's been received.
If you are in touch with Richard will you please give him my apologies; I'm not sure how to contact members yet.
Thanks Philip.
If I can do anything to help by way of proving my identity please let me know.
Kind regards,
Paul21

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#135 [url]

Mar 8 15 9:09 PM

Paul21,
To send a private message to any member, you should find that link in Your settings, you just click on the member that you need to message by his or her name.

Philip

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help