Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Feb 7 12 12:55 PM

I certainly remember Miss Bottom!!  Whereabouts do you live now?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Feb 9 12 1:57 AM

Hi I was there around the time I was under Peter my key worker was Jean she married another House parent Mike and was called Jean Haslett Jones do you remember any of these kind regards Mandy

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

May 12 16 9:15 PM

HOLMWOOD

Hi, Not sure how long ago you put your post up but I was at Holmwood Bristol 1953 & 1957 and was looked after by Sister Muriel. I remember Holmwood as a happy place, the garden fates, riding around in a red peddle car, Listen with Mother, watching TV for the first time and dolly-mixtures, which Sister Muriel would give me before my afternoon nap. Whilst at Holmwood I was badly scolded on my legs when one of the cooks accidentally slipped and poured boiling water all over me whilst I was being tended to having been stung under the foot by a wasp. I was really sad to see that some of the children may have been abused in the 70s, as nothing like that ever happened to me. I last saw Sister Muriel in the mid-1960s after she moved to Alverstoke. For me I have always considered Sister Muriel to have been my mother and but for her love, kindness and care, I doubt very much I would be the person I am today. The grounding I got at Holmwood allowed be to shake off, eventually the rest of the mostly awful treatment I received in the rest of the care system. I have since changed my name by deed poll but was known as Martyn in those days.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help