Remove this ad

#341 [url]

Mar 30 12 11:07 AM

Thanks, Nabil, for your photos and for joining us and sharing some experiences from childhood. Yours is a name I instantly recognise. You have had, hopefully are having, an illustrious career as writer, presenter and actor, with a host of TV and film credits. Whenever we NCH oldies next get together I am sure that you could tell us many anecdotes of what it is like to be behind the cameras and on stage. What are you up to now? Good luck with your endeavours! Best, Les.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#342 [url]

Mar 30 12 12:50 PM

Hello Les, I'm not doing much at the moment. I had a great four months last summer, working at the National Theatre in London, performing in "Emperor and Galilean". Currently, I'm trying to develop a number of movie projects.

Nabil

Quote    Reply   

#345 [url]

Mar 30 12 2:38 PM

Wow, Nabil!  Your photo as Emperor Constantius II at the National Theatre is very impressive!  I ought to know your name if you're so active in theatre, film etc--but alas, I've been in the States for several years now and am somewhat out of touch with what's happening in England.  I have a great love of theatre and film, though--and both my daughter and granddaughter have recently been performing in a production in their local civic theatre--a play by Gabriel Garcia Lorca, called Blood Wedding.  I've just recently read interviews with Liv Ullman (the Norwegian actress and director), and tried reading Vanessa Redgrave's Autobiography--a bit hard-going because it's so much more about her political entanglements than her acting career so it was disappointing in a way--although I realise that's who she was!
Good luck with your upcoming projects and I hope you'll keep us posted--especially those of us who are far-flung from those illustrious shores!  :-)
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

dave

superstar

#347 [url]

Mar 30 12 9:39 PM

Hi Nabil,
The light bulb has just switched on!
I just remembered, you played Sil in Doctor Who. I hadn't realised until your acting career was mentioned.

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#348 [url]

Apr 2 12 3:47 PM

Hi Nabil,
I recognised your face immediately, but couldn't remember where from.  What a talented guy you are. Welcome to the site.  Great photos.
Cheers Di

Quote    Reply   

#349 [url]

Jun 2 12 10:47 AM

[image]

-nelly01

I forgot to add that the photo posted previously showing Sister Joan Andrews, Pauline Sarfaty, Carol, Johny and Eileen Arnold etc was from Evenly Hall Branch in Brackley Northants.
Caroline

Quote    Reply   

#350 [url]

Jun 22 12 12:39 PM

Hey Yes,

We used to go through this every day on our way to school

Brilliant to see again

Joan (nee Machin) Woods
Harpenden

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

royl

fanatic

#352 [url]

Aug 21 12 10:42 PM

Hi Bertie,
Great pics.     Glad you obvioulsy had a good day both by occaision and weatherwise as well as having a super looking venue.   So that is all the family off your hands now?

Regards
Roy

Quote    Reply   

#353 [url]

Aug 22 12 11:16 AM

Hi Roy yes it was a great day all round as for being off your hands i dont think that they ever are he was round here the other day to borrow my best paint brushes i think i can say good by to them,but i would not have it any other way bless them, i am hoping to put some more pics on site of our new puppy that the kids got us for our 50th Wedding Anniversary,take for now best regards BertieB 

Quote    Reply   

#355 [url]

Aug 22 12 5:44 PM

Bertie,

Congratulations on the great event, and on your pictures. You'll have a job getting the puppy to sit still for a photo. Thanks to the modern age of digital cameras you can fire off hundreds of shots in the hope of getting a good one amongst the near misses.

Roger.

Quote    Reply   

#357 [url]

Aug 26 12 8:28 PM

Hi one and all as prommist this is Riley who is now 14 weeks old and he is quite a handfull,took your advice Roger and just took them at random hope you alllike him. Will send up dates in the future, take care best regards Bertie B.

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

#359 [url]

Aug 27 12 6:50 PM

Hi there Shelagh glad you liked the pics of Riley, he lost his first tooth too day, i like the one of peanut how old is he, he certainly looks at home and looks very cheeky. Take care now best regards Bertie B.
      ps yes Riley is a German Sheperd

Quote    Reply   

#360 [url]

Aug 28 12 11:23 AM

Hi Bert!
Peanut is now ten months old, so probably about as big as she's ever going to be! :-)  And yes, she is cheeky.
Best,
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help