philip

fanatic

Lead

Dec 1 09 12:37 AM

Tags : :

A recording has been found from Top Of The Pops from 1974
of

Showaddywaddy - Hey Mr Christmas

As it looks to be a studio episode, the children are probably Equity members impostering children of the NCH, unless you are able to tell us otherwise.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x42x33_showaddywaddy-hey-mr-christmas

Philip

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Dec 9 09 6:18 PM

Actually this was one of the original recordings with the children from the choir ( me being the ginger one looking shifty by the drums!). It was a video recorded in a forest during the summer, hence the fake snow. We did record a session at the Top of the Pops studio but have never seen that. I had found a snippet of the track on You Tube which did have imposters acting as us... but can assure this is the original Highfield Children's Choir. It's shown every Christmas on the Alltime Christmas Greats they have on the telly on the music channels.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Oct 14 11 7:58 AM

Yes, this was sung by the children from Harpenden. Christine Zenonos was one of the singers and I can still pick her voice out when I hear the song. She was in Sister Phyllis's group.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 19 12 9:00 PM

Philip..it's taken me a while to find this..But, let me assure you NO equity was involved ! It was back in the days when a "CHARITABLE donation" was all tht was required... I was there at the recording and YES it was all N.C.H galls involved !

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

philip

fanatic

#4 [url]

Jan 20 12 8:35 AM

Dave,
Great, Harpenden NCH will live in the posterity of POP forever then.
Now as to the black round things with a hole in the middle and are a few mm thick............

Philip

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jun 5 15 10:46 PM

Memories!!

I stumbled across this site by sheer chance and couldn't believe what I was reading! I am the girl standing on the right behind Vivienne Webb. My maiden name was Christine Zenonos. I left Harpenden NCH in 1976.
Singing with Showaddywaddy on the Hey Mister Christmas single was one of the greatest memories I have of my time there. What a fantastic group of guys they were!! We were so lucky to be given such a great opportunity, The Christmas Top of the Pops is something I'll never forget. My grandchildren find it hilarious seeing me on YouTube!
Treasured memories for sure...

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Feb 9 16 3:50 PM

Hi Chrissy I sent a message but not sure if you got it or not. Just wanted to say hello. With Phyllis gone have lost touch with everyone. Was you at Phyllis furneral? I was not contacted. Still very upset about that. You know someone for 30+ years and not told they had died. Anyway, hope you will keep in touch.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help