Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Aug 31 16 7:40 PM

Camberon House

Hello, am really new to this page, but I and my two brother ans sister were there in the 70s, I do remember the two old ladies who looked after us, I think one was called mrs suckcliff,
think she was the one with the dodgy eye, I dont remeber lining up for underwear ( maybe that was just for the girls, but I do remeber all standong in a line holding out our hankies to see if we needed another one, and yes !!! I remeber some of the bad times aswell, having to stand on the stairs all night facing the corner, brought back some good and bad memories, I had placed in the back of mind, 

Who remebers the police man on the horse that used to come and see us we used to feed it apples

Paul

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 [url]

May 15 17 10:29 AM

Cambrian/Burford

If you search for Cambrian House on Google, you will find lots of historical information about the place on a Blog by Andrew Simpson. It was originally called Doenberg and was, I think, built late in the 1800s.

Cambrian House was NOT the same place as Burford. Burford was near the Withington Road end of College Road and was new build. I lived 2 houses away on College Road until I was 19 and have memories of trespassing there in the Autumn to get a share of the millions of fat, shiny conkers that the trees in the grounds produced.

Can anyone elaborate on the subject of the scandal that shut the place down?

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help