Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 22 10 2:32 PM

Tags : :

Hello everyone, myself and my 2 brothers Stewart and Graham were at Pannal Ash for a fairly short time.....Sister Sybil and Sister Flora were the 2 people I remember who looked after us, this was in the early 50's !

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Apr 22 10 3:23 PM

Hi Cecilia,
Malcolm Tomlinson here.
I was in #1,Rowanlea until december '59. I know those names, give me another day and I'll get the surname!!.
Sister Sybil came down to #1 when Sister Beth retired in'58.
Nice to hear from another 'Fairfielder', not many at this site
Cheers
malcolm

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Apr 23 10 1:25 PM

Hello Malcolm, it's great to know there is someone who remembers us.....I can't remember how long we were there, I guess I blocked a lot of my younger years out so my memories are sketchy,  what I do remember is my brother Stewart and sister Sybil having a set to and Stewart ended up being put outside the back door in the snow !..... to get his own back he snowed up the door, so, you can imagine what happened next !.... Sister Sybil was not best pleased !......
                                                                               Cecilia

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 28 10 3:28 PM

hi malcolm i sent you a reply a while ago .i dont think you recieved it as im not very clever yet whith the computer lark. get in touch if you get this email.love to here  from you

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Oct 28 10 6:30 PM

Hello Norma,
What a lovely surprise! I've been on the site for just over a year now and kind of despaired that there was no one else from Fairfield around, then Cecilia posted which was great. I saw your 'new member' thing and guessed that it must be you. Thanks for replying to my private message, No I didn't get your reply but dont despair, thats as likely to be my fault as yours as I'm still 'green' on the computor thing too. I live in canada,emigrated in '75. I was back in england this year, September, what a shame we didn't connect prior to that. Would you like to try another Message?. I would love to hear all about your life after Fairfield.
talk soon I hope
Malcolm.
ps, Here's a pic for you, see anyone you know?!

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Oct 28 10 8:21 PM

hi malcolm great to here from you.we have both gone a long way me to italy you to canada.whats life like there?i came here 1980 ,although i miss england ive got my kids and grandchildren here,so im here to stay.what about you do you have a family?my sister dorothy is coming to stay whith me in november i cant wait to tell her were in touch.thanks for the foto ive never seen it before what a great surprise i reckonised a few faces i wonder where they all are and if they ever think of the past like us.we did have some good times didnt we,it was just a matter of makeing the best of the life that was offered us!!! hope to here from you soon best wishes  norma

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Oct 29 10 3:10 AM

Hi Norma,
I see you are a night person. It's 6pm thursday here. 'Here' is Vancouver Island, across the water from Vancouver B.C where the winter olympics were held. My wife Celia and daughter Hayley, 3 at the time, emigrated in '75 and it was the best thing we ever did. We worked on the mainland and retired to the island and Hayley and hubby Scott and granddaughter Farrah followed us and live 20 minutes away, life is sweet. You went to Italy 30 years ago?, like we say to people, 'I think we'll stay". How many kids and grand children do you have?. So who did you regognize? Yourself of course, Glenis B, Mirium M, Is that Christine W, all #1 girls. I'm not sure of the others, only guessing, so help me out. I have other pics as reward!!.
Yes we did have good times didn't we, and we made the best of everything. I loved my 14 years there. knowing nothing else helped I think and I know I couldn't have had a better upbringing, Celia for instance had nothing as a child. I hope we can keep communicating, would you try the 'private messages' again?.  I'll make it all for now, hope to hear from you again, theres so much to talk about
best wishes
Malc Tommo
ps I did this once and messed it up trying to put a pic in, so dont be surprised to see two of them.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Oct 31 10 6:23 PM

hi malcome,hope your all well.thanks for the foto,i reckonised lynne cornell,audry johnson,paula? i dont remember the names of the others old age is creeping on!! but would love to see the other fotos.i have three daughters,elvira whos married with a son and daughter,michelina gets married next febuary, and maria whos married with a son and daughter, they all live close by so we always have a house full today we were 12 for dinner so i never get bored.when i showed the foto to my grandchildren no one reckonised me proberbly becose i was much thinner!! i dont know if its the same with you but while im writing to you i see you as the young lad i knew 50 years ago its as if time as stood still.life hasnt allways been kind to me but on the whole i shouldnt complain. did you meet your wife in canada or in england'? have you ever been in touch with anyone else from fairfields over the years? our dorothy used to go to the reunions every year and met up with quite a few people .will get back to you soon . best wishes to you both norma xxx

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Nov 8 10 7:13 PM

Hi Norma,
The Rowanlea  family with Sister Beth Heggie, I'm not sure how old I was here 10/11?. You will know most of us I'm sure, David, Graham, Sheila, Michael, Bernard and Miriam, Glenis, or Lelly as we called her and yours truly. cant recall the little guy on Sister Beths knee, dont know why !!.
All for now, stay well
Malcolm

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Nov 18 10 5:28 PM

Hi Norma,
another pic of the usual suspects. I think you'll regognize Mr Wrays house on the left, the recreation hall on the right and the 'hospital'. in the middle. Did my Mumps and Measles in there!, and repairs to the cuts and bruises that boys get when they do stupid things like flying off the Swingboat while it's going high!. I got out of choir practise with that one.
All for now
Malcolm

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Nov 22 10 8:57 AM

Hi Norma,

I was at Fairfield from 1969 - 1971 and have very few photos but many memories.  Have thoroughly enjoyed browsing through the shots above.  I have lived in Austalia since 1989 and have never returned to the UK because I have no one to stay with.   Memories are great aren't they?

Sylvia Bambrough

Sylvia Swan (nee Bambrough)

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Nov 22 10 3:49 PM

hi Malcome ,Ive finaly got to meet your wife even if its only by foto shes very pretty.thanks once again for the fotos youve know idea how much i look forward to getting them ,of course i rememberd William Cambell ,i remember i had quite a soft spot for him at one time!!! Ifound out years later that he married my best freind Janet Watson (she wasnt in the home) they had a little boy,but unfortunatly William died quite young i dont how.  The snow from your window looks great,i can understand your grandaughter loving her sleigh rides with you .We dont get much snow here thank goodness im more for the sun myself.Im sorry i dont have any fotos to send you even if i had any i wouldnt know how to send them to you .Keep in touch ,all the best to you both   Normaxxxx

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Nov 27 10 12:06 AM

Hi Norma,
This photo is from the 'Order of Service', held at the closing of Fairfield. I got it from Brian Crisp, I love it. Unfortunately #7 isn't on it. It brings back so many memories for me, remember the Lilac trees all the way up the drive?. I know you will enjoy it too.
Stay well
Malcolm

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Nov 27 10 9:00 PM

hi there ,you dont know what a wonderful present youve gave me with this foto ,i can imagine myself coming home from school and walking the viale to no 7.i know there was life before 1960 thank you xxxx

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help