Remove this ad

#261 [url]

May 10 11 8:02 AM

Hi Diana now you mention it i think it was Billy but i could be wrong, a lot of water has gone under the bridge since we went to school and i do mix names up sometimes.
Love Terry

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#262 [url]

May 12 11 5:46 PM

Hi Di. I dont remember Billy Blackburn but Peter has an older brother,name not known,however I will ask Peter when I next see him. Last time I was speaking to him he told me he had a 'School Photograph' of his class. He told me Sheila Crisp is on the photo.His son James is a Landscape Gardener who has done some work for me and is returnig in the near future to lay paving at the front of our house.I will see if I can find out anything further. Kind Regards Peter.

Quote    Reply   

#264 [url]

May 12 11 5:56 PM

Hi Malcolm. Good to here from you.Yes Darley is a beautiful village in Nidderdale. Known locally as 'The Swiss Alps of Nidderdale' certainly in wintertime. Beautiful approach when travelling down hill from the A59 Harrogate Skipton road. You are right there is a village named Birstwith about 3 miles Harrogate side, little further along is Hamphswaite. To the west is Summer Bridge and further on Pateley Bridge. 'Gods Own Country', Kind Regards Peter. 

Quote    Reply   

#265 [url]

May 12 11 6:02 PM

Hi Terry. Good to here from you. Have a look at the recent message I sent Di re the Blackburns. I returned to Yorkshire because I did not settle in Dorset although it is a beautiful part of the country. I missed everything about Yorkshie in particur the Yorkshire people and Yorkshire Cricket Club of which I have been a member of for over 50 years. Kind Regards Peter.

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#266 [url]

May 12 11 7:25 PM

Hi Peter, Yes, Billy must be the older brother, as Sheila is a couple of years younger than me.  You forgot Dacre, Dacre Banks & good old Pateley Bridge.  When our daughters were young, we used to take them to Appletreewick & Burnsall paddling in the river, up past Bolton Abbey.  Do you remember the school trips to Malham Cove climbing.  The weather always used to be terrible.
love Di

Quote    Reply   

#267 [url]

May 13 11 6:22 PM

Hi Di.Yes I do remember the trips to Malham Cove and Ingleton. Peter Hesse, Elsie Savage, Terresa Wilson, and I used to go Youth Hosteling with Sister Mabel around these parts.Those heavy haversacks full of tins of soup and rice pudding. Not like the rucksacks of today, these were ex army  RAF haversacks.Sorry Di tea is ready. Kind Regards Peter.

Quote    Reply   

#268 [url]

May 13 11 7:48 PM

Hi,although we didnt go to Malham cove or Ingleton in the nch,when I left and moved to Wton I joined a potholing group and we used to go caving and potholing every weekend to Malham and Ingleton,the Dales are gorgeous xx

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#270 [url]

May 25 11 2:35 PM

Hi Malc, Thanks for that, there are some great photos on this topic, which I'd forgotten about & started looking at the photos & re-reading all the messages & hours had gone by!
love Di 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#271 [url]

May 26 11 2:08 PM

Hello "rookie",no the name Brian Brooman doesn't ring a bell to me,but perhaps Dorothy may remember him as she was there much longer than me,but i should think Jenny will remember him as she's got an incredable memory!!  stay well Norma

Quote    Reply   

#274 [url]

May 29 11 7:25 PM

Hi Jen I also remember that day on the stray when the queen came and we were all lined up waving our flags. Do you also recall the police training centre when we had the christmas party, it was such an exciting time looking forward to going there. I remember all the police singing their song, cant remember all the words but I do remember the tune it started with their motto which I assume was in Latin, somethting like" fidus defortes de fidus, these words will always be, of the time we spent together at no 3 ptc. and thats all I remember,probably just as wekk ay cus that aint damm Latin!!!! ha ha.
 When I read some of yours and Dorothy's post I am amazed at your memories.Anyway Sue should be posting more pics for all to see very soon. The Patrick Swayze lookalike was a boy from Boroughbridge that I was going out with at the time called Dougie You ask about the little boy with the glasses he was called Kenneth Bell, I remember he was a timid little boy. will speak later take care x

Quote    Reply   

#275 [url]

Jun 2 11 10:13 PM

Hi Miriam

I dont know if you remember me but I remember you and Glynis and your brother Bernie who was a great footballer.

I was walking past the Police College the other day and could not help my brain from thinking about the time we went with the choir to the Police College at christmas time and partied afterwards, they were great to us kids in the home.

What was going through my brain was this funny tune that they sung in a foreign language. Well you have answered it for me and I am grateful cos that tune was rattlling me.

Take care Miriam

Martin Reid
No4

Martin Reid

Quote    Reply   

#276 [url]

Jun 5 11 12:32 PM

Hi Martin

I dont remember you, perhaps if you have any pics when you were at Pannal Ash the memories may come back. So my brother was a good footballer ay, now that was a surprise to me, it must have run in the family, as my son was on the verge of football stardom until Sam Alladyce got rid, he was signed to Blackpool and at one time Liverpool were looking at him, but alas it was not to be, and I love it when any team Alladyce manages get beat. sorry but perhaps Ime still bitter.
  So you still live in Harrogate, It will feel very strange walking past any old haunts whe the reunion weekend arrives, that if I get the time. Was there not another part of the NCH that was opposite the Police Training College, I have a very vague memory of going to nursery school there and I can picture swings etc. anyway good to speak and keep intouch.

Quote    Reply   

#279 [url]

Jun 27 11 3:12 PM

HI Shel!
Just left-click on the bit of the picture that shows, or even just in the white space where the picture was.  Usually that brings up the whole of it.  But as Philip says, it has been a problem on the forum for a while now.  Hope it can be fixed! :-)
Best,
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

#280 [url]

Jul 12 11 10:42 PM

I have this book from the church service, Joy Hill sent it to me Vi x

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help