Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 30 10 8:54 PM

Tags : :

Hi Philip,
I have a question about how to comment on a particular photo, so that folks will know which photo one is talking about.  I've noticed, when I click "reply" at the bottom of the photo, that my reply appears elsewhere, way down the list of other posts, and no-one will know which photo I'm referring to.  I'm thinking particularly of the comment I recently made about my sister being in a picture with Sister Pearl and a group pf older girls.
Is there a way to make the comment appear with or right below a photo?
Thanks!
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

philip

fanatic

#1 [url]

May 1 10 7:54 AM

Shelagh,
I think the only way around this is to put a breif description of the photo that a comment refers to, eg group photo of girls with the bilding an palm tree, etc.

In future, possibly if we add a number or unique caption to each photoi, it might get around the problem. I will see what I can do.

Philip

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#6 [url]

Feb 6 11 11:56 PM

I think the way around this problem is NOT to click on the quote or reply buttons, but only to use the box at the bottom of the page to put a reply in, then to click submit.

As those other two buttons are looking to see where the first message was sent, so from this point on, please use only the box at the bottom of a page,

thanks.

Philip

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Feb 7 11 2:05 AM

Hi Jeff!
I like that I'm in the 7th place--or would be if... 7 is a very good number!   But you do realize, I am irreplaceable, of course!  :-)
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Feb 7 11 6:43 PM

I wouldn't dream any thing else Shelagh, like i said to all members, I will take your place,I am your ambassador, your representative, your mentor and your drinking buddy.  Jeff

-jeffreyowen

Ah well, then Jeff, my ambassador you will be!  :-)  Along with all the other things.  And have one for me at the Old Bell, would you?!
Best,
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#9 [url]

Feb 7 11 8:30 PM

The answer to what is Azu doing.
1. Playing Pool, he has just shot one ball in the direction of Lenton's BBQ.
2. He has just fired a very large rubber band at Lenton and his BBQ.
3. He is practising what to do when he uses the fire extingusher if Lenton's BBQ gets any more out of control.

Any other thoughts?

Philip

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#10 [url]

Feb 7 11 11:24 PM

It's quite clear - he is pulling the neck of a chicken he found strolling around Lords.
Roy

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dianaw

superstar

#12 [url]

Jun 6 11 8:02 PM

Hi Philip, even when I reduce the size of a photo via 'photo plus' to 2" before uploading, it still has difficulty in appearing & there is only a large space.  I know if I click on the space, the photo will appear.  Help, what should I be doing.
Cheers Di

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#13 [url]

Jun 6 11 8:27 PM

Di,
There still is a problem with photos across all Lefora sites.
Please try the following method.
Reduce the size again to around 70k, which is quite a small file size and load that one.

In time if the system changes, a large size file could be loaded later.

Philip

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#15 [url]

Jun 7 11 7:59 PM

Di,
On deleting a photo you have about half an hour to make changes, after that you have to send a request to me for it to be removed.
I will delete the original one, why not try again, this time doubling the size of the last upload, we can then see how it likes the next size up.

Philip.

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#17 [url]

Jun 7 11 11:35 PM

Di,
You will not be able to make changes that way then, there must be a much shorter time to make changes, just load a new larger  photo and we will see where that gets us.

Thanks,

Philip

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#20 [url]

Jun 8 11 10:23 AM

Hi Philip, the photos I'm trying to put on are very large & were from the original display in the museum in Harrogate.  If I reduce them, via photo plus, too small, they become distorted. 

Wow, success.  Thanks Philip for your patience.  Cheers Di

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help