Remove this ad

dianaw

superstar

#601 [url]

Nov 23 11 10:33 PM

Hi David, wonderful photos from Helga & Heinz & lovely to know they had kept in touch with Joy, David & Sister Anne.  Sue will be over the moon to see these great photos of Sister Anne,  & I had forgotten what a stunner Joy was.  love Di

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

philip

fanatic

#602 [url]

Nov 23 11 11:21 PM

Re Posted Updated message

Message from David,
That's all folk.
I hope a few Fairfielders will enjoy these reminders of Heinz and Helga.
David Green

Quote    Reply   

#604 [url]

Nov 24 11 5:16 AM

Hi David,
Wonderful pictures. I was a lot younger than Hienz and Trougott but still remember them. Joy Hill I remember so well, she was a wonderful person wasn't she. Sister Anne was so used to to me going into No 3 to see Bobby Marshall it was like my second home !. I didn't know Mr Wray smoked !.
Take care
Malc T

Quote    Reply   

#605 [url]

Nov 24 11 11:26 AM

Hi All !  I have just been studying the photo of Heinz and my brother Tony and could not help from noticing that they both have big grins both have there hands behind there backs possibly concealing something ( could it be apples )  and bulging pockets to match.  Happy Days
Terry

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#606 [url]

Nov 24 11 10:40 PM

Hi Terry,  Isn't it amazing what we pick up from the photos.  Tony & Heinz really do look as if they have been up to mischief, I'd love to know what was in those pockets.  You'll have to ask Tony, if he can remember, next time you speak to him.

Hi Malc, I never once saw Mr Wray smoke either.  When we were getting our super in the kitchen - bread, dripping & marmite & hot cocoa - we used to roll up newspaper tightly & pretend to smoke, thinking it was so cool.
love Di

Quote    Reply   

#607 [url]

Nov 27 11 5:33 PM

Hi David regarding names on photo football team as i said a few weeks ago my twin brother Peter
Calvert is on the back row third from left. And me Michael Calvert on front row fourth from left. I cannot
remember what year it was but a guess is about 1954 hope to hear from you soon David

Kind Regards
                                 Michael Calvert

Quote    Reply   

#609 [url]

Nov 30 11 9:36 PM

Football Team

Back row third from left is Peter Calvert.
Front row 4th from left is Mick Calvert.
Mick would dearly like to now if anyone remembers them from Fairfield.
They were non identical twins and he would love to hear from anyone of their era.

When his daughter has been and sorted some small problems out with his PC I will help him learn how to post messages and upload pictures including his own avatar.

Watch this space.

David Green on behalf of Mick Calvert.

Quote    Reply   

#610 [url]

Nov 30 11 11:30 PM

Thank you David for  your time helping me to sort my computer out am not very good at it as you can tell ha ha. Hope somebody remembers peter  and  me .I So want to get to back in touch with my friends at Pannal Ash Road . Peter and was in Number 5 house sister Hildar was in charge at that time about 1954 . I was very sweet on Doris Nudd and Sheila Crisp my twin Peter went out with Jean
Holland. Hope to have a Reunion in 2012 earlier the better ( CANNOT WAIT) . Thanks again David

Kind Regards
                        Micheal Calvert      

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#611 [url]

Dec 1 11 1:57 AM

Hi Micheal,
I remember the Calvert boys. I was in #1 with Sheila Crisp and seem to recall you hanging around our back yard!. Your in good company in the football team photo, Ernie Blagg, Vic Wright, Edwin(Giglamps) Gull, (just passed away) Paul Manser,Sheldrake Smith, Pete Ashurst and so on.
Nice to see you on the site, Im sure you'll spend quite some time going through all the Harrogate stuff especially after this years reunion. Nice to hear from you
Take care
Malc Tomlinson

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#612 [url]

Dec 1 11 2:52 PM

Hi Michael, Great to hear from you. I remember both your & Peter's names very well, however, I'm a couple of years older, so we weren't in the same crowd.  I used to hang around with Carol & Pauline Farnhill, Pete Peachman, June Graham, Ernie Blagg, Raymond Crisp, Kathleen Dalby & Diane Robbins. Although Doris, Sheila & Jean we also had some great times with.  Also the lovely Sister Alice was in No. 5.  Doris's elder sister Vi is also on this site & is desperate to hear any news of her.  Vi thinks Doris was adopted when she was very young, but I seem to remember her being around when she was 13/14 years old. Enjoy all the chat & let us know how you went on after you left.  Regards Di

Quote    Reply   

#613 [url]

Dec 1 11 7:47 PM

Hello Di
          It was lovely to hear from you and know you remembered Peter and myself .I  am really
looking forward to next years reunion and catching up with people. 
After leaving Fairfield and returning home I found it very hard to settle and wanted to return to my
friends . I met my wife Maureen when she was 14 and I was 17 . We have now been married 46 years.
 We had two daughters Lisa our beautiful elder daughter is 43 and married to Paul .We have two
gorgeous grandchildren Laura 18 and Daniel 15 .
In 1983 our lives were ripped apart as our precious younger daughter Katrina died aged 12.
To help us cope we raised over 14 thousand pounds for Pinderfields Hospital in Wakefield.
We all now live in Scarborough and my wife and myself are happily retired
              Kind Regards
                          Michael (Mick)

Quote    Reply   

#614 [url]

Dec 1 11 8:05 PM

Hello Malcolm
                     Thank you for getting in touch with me you said you was in number 1 house and sheila
crisp was in same house. I am not very good on names. but so missed Fairfield when i left .
I  have just sent Di an email telling here about me and my family if you can read it .I will write to you again soon Malcolm and thanks again 
                      Kind Regards
                                      Mick Calvert

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#615 [url]

Dec 1 11 10:43 PM

Hi Mick,  I think we all felt the same when we left Fairfield & it took some readjusting to life outside.  So sorry to hear of your sad news regarding your daughter Katrina, how devastating it must have been for you & Maureen.  To raise over £14,000 for Pinderfields Hospital was an amazing achievement.  I have never left Harrogate, met my husband Lewis when I was 17 & we've been married 52 years this month, how time flies!   Regards Di 

Quote    Reply   

#617 [url]

Dec 2 11 12:46 PM

Hi Mick, I see you have put your phone number in an open forum page. May we be reminded that such information would be best sent as a PM direct to those it is intended.
best wishes to you all.
Bobbie

Quote    Reply   

#618 [url]

Dec 2 11 5:59 PM

Thank you for that Bobbie you are right but i am just learning how to send e.mails as you can tell
          Kind Regards
                             ( Mick)

Quote    Reply   

#619 [url]

Dec 2 11 6:36 PM

I have phoned Mick and explained what we mean by "private message". I have given him the link to register on the private site.

Bear in mind folks that some of us are not familiar with computers and/or the internet and need just a little bit of help from time to time.

David

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#620 [url]

Dec 2 11 6:48 PM

Philip,

I wonder if there is some sort of basic guidance page that newbys can be pointed to before they compromise their private info?

Roy 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help