Tags : :
Comments, views, memories all appreciated on the following, which were activated in my brain, from dorment past by e-mails sent to me, ( for which I thank them ) Ringo & Bertie Baldwin.
Time frame 1949/53. Place Harpenden. Author E.J.Robinson ( Then known as Teddy)
1. 1949/50 Power cuts in winter.
2. 1949 The closing down of the laundry.
3. The hospital, first building past T.Shutts house, Dental checks & inoculations.
4. Open day, the Luton girls Choir.
5. One of the older boys on an old bike, with a trained Jackdaw on his shoulder.
6. Getting kitted out with clothes at the store, top off the admin block. ( next flight up was
Sister gwens office.)
7. Batford junior school, teachers Mr Smith ( who ran the football team) & Mr Tate.
8, The village built in the woods out of straw from the bales in the field, the village went up in flames one night.
9. Albert Hall NCH show. Singing, gymnastics,( my brother Brian performed as part of the team),
I was Maypole dancing.
10, Woods in Spring, carpets of Bluebells.
11. The old Cub hut down Ambrose Lane.
12 .Highfield School playground in winter, the long,long ice slide, nearly full length of playgound.
13. The Nicky line full of Dog Daisys in summer.
14.The Scout/Cub Jamboree in St Albans 1952, we were there, Here ends my first Topic, Ted.