Remove this ad

dianaw

superstar

Lead

Feb 18 11 8:17 PM

Tags : :

Hi All,  Re my previous message, We now have a Harrogate Reunion scheduled for Saturday 10th September, 2011 at 'The Harlow Inn', Otley Road, Harrogate.  A time to be decided later.  I do hope you will be able to come along, please could you let me know if you can make it by sending a Private Message for catering numbers.  (for those who have not worked out how to do this:- if you click on Members, my name is on page 2, click (Dianaw) & then 'send a private message' is on the top right hand side)  The following that have indicated they will be coming are - David & Stephen Green, Peter Peachman, Malcolm Tomlinson & Terry Rooney.  Everybody would be welcome here at our house first if necessary. 
Cheers Di     

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

royl

fanatic

#1 [url]

Feb 19 11 12:11 AM

Diana,
 Just to make it easier to communicate via private messages.   People can just click on your name (In red) on the message above and they will get the same result.

Roy

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#9 [url]

Feb 27 11 5:24 PM

Reposted item.

Calling all Fairfielders
I am in the process of arranging a Harrogate Reunion & the majority of people I have spoken to favour the beginning of September.  This also gives ample time for all who are living abroad to organise flights & accommodation etc. The venue is to be 'The Harlow Inn' where the Landlord (who knows Lew) has said he would be happy to provide a buffet for approx £5.00 per head. Many of you will have fond memories of the Harlow as it was our meeting place after each reunion, so should bring back some happy memories. 
How about a group photo at Almscliffe Crag or Birk Crag before? Although I don't think many of us will be doing any climbing!  I'm sure there will be plenty of people with cars to give lifts to those who arrive by plane, boat, train or bus & if it's not too painful a stroll up Hartley Road, Robinson Drive, Merryfield, Rowanlea & Westdene.  Let me know if you are interested & we will firm up on a date & numbers later.
Cheers Di

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#10 [url]

Apr 21 11 2:47 PM

Hi All,  I have been in negotiation with Harrogate Borough Council regarding the Pump Room Museum & have succeeded in gaining permission for a group photo in front of our stained glass window, plus free entry & a postcard of the window for any OBs &Gs  who go on the 10th September.  After reading Sue's post saying that all the NCH photos etc. had been removed, I tackled them on this too & was told the display & photos had become very tatty.  I have arranged to meet with a representative of the Council at the pump room at a mutually convenient time to be agreed, to see what they can do. But only if you are interested & if you prefer not to bother, that's fine too, I shall let the Council know.

Cheers Di 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Apr 21 11 3:04 PM

Hello Di,
I am very touched at the things you are doing of behalf all of us who care so much about our childhood home. I was  a bit cross when I read Sue's post about the museum taking the window down etc.
I dont think Fairfield National Childrens home should be tucked away in drawer somewhere, we were a part of the towns history as much as anything else. I'm sure the NCH contributed a lot of income to the Town coffers over all those years. I'm looking forward to seeing the results I know you are going to get.
Thanks again Di and stay well,
Malc

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Apr 21 11 3:53 PM

Di, that is an absolutely  SUPER  idea, and it really would make the reunion a very special occasion.  Especially with the group photo in front of the stained glass window.   Numbers are building all the time, so it might have to be taken with one of those panoramic cameras !

I've been looking for a recent posting made by somebody from Harpenden ( Roy or Jeff ?  Or was it Philip ? ) in which they very kindly said they would welcome us to their own reunion because Fairfield no longer exists.  I'm going to take this opportunity to say thankyou for the kind and generous gesture.
Jennifer
X

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Apr 21 11 5:50 PM

hi Di
Many thanks for all the effort you're putting in.. No way can the window be tucked away. It was the focal point for all of us & a very big part of our 'roots' . Let us know if we can do anythin to help. See you Sept.

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#15 [url]

Apr 21 11 10:04 PM

Hi Jennifer and all Harrogators

I think that you will find invitations to join us for our reunion at Harpenden from those mentioned and others and we all mean it.    It is not an exclusive invitation but one that should be seen as in addition to your own that Di is so efficiently organising.    Do give us a try we are quite civilised ( most of the time).

Roy on behalf of the Harpos

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#16 [url]

Apr 22 11 9:45 AM

Reposted.
Hi Jen,would love to see the photos, just read the piece about the reunion and the window.I was a bit sad when I read about the photo  in the museum, I was in that photo.I picked up a postcard of the window last time I visited.Every time I go up to Harrogate we go up to the tree that was behind no.7 and big almscliff, we scattered both John  and Dennis there,big almscliff was our favourite play ground,and the tree was where Dennis built his tree den along with many others got to go to ASDA  see you later. xx Pat

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#17 [url]

Apr 22 11 10:21 AM

Thanks so much for your lovely replies & I will let you know what happens in due course.

Thanks also to all our family from Harpenden for the kind invitation to your reunion, it sounds great fun.  I'd love to know all the names to the photos that were listed by Mac of your reunion last year.
Love Di

Quote    Reply   

clive

superstar

#19 [url]

Apr 27 11 1:48 PM

Dear Di,

Congratulations on your negotiating efforts with Harrogate Borough Council and I wish you every success with your endeavours.

Best wishes,

Clive

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Apr 27 11 9:01 PM

Now I'm getting all mixed up   .....   Di, is it you who I need to speak to about making final  arrangements for the reunion ?  Or is it you, David ?
Jennifer

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help