Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Jun 28 12 12:58 AM

hi rob,your moms name rings a bell my name is graham dyhouse and my brother is david i was at p.a.s from 1955-1960,sister olive was in charge then she left and moved to canada and sister kathleen broomhead took over i could never get on with her does my name ring a bell with your mom

Graham

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Jun 29 12 1:09 AM

Hi Rob,

I was at Princess Alice School from '58 to '63 in Livingstone House with Joan Parkes.

I only remember one Val, a pretty girl whom I have a big crush on in my last couple of years there.

Is the attach picture your Mom?    I had to clean it up a little but it looks ok.

Peter Saward

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Jul 8 12 2:27 PM

Hi Peter Thanks for the photo, cant believe you have kept this picture after all these years! I do remember you and Joan that you mentioned. I live in Redditch now and retired. Hope you are well and keep in touch. Hope to hear from you again soon

Val

Kind regards Rob (son of Val) on behalf on Val Wilkes

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Jul 8 12 2:32 PM

Hi Graham I do remember you and your brother. Good to hear from you and hope you are both well and hopefully we we all meet up again soon.

Val

Kind regards Rob (son of Val) on behalf on Val Wilkes

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Jul 11 12 6:26 AM

good day to all ex P.A.S. folkes, sorry about having to cancel re-union at pas beginning of year, due to lack of response,but will see about having one in sept or oct 2012 please watch this space.went to London 2012 and was surprised at the number of people from P.A.S. there were at least thirty. including alan poole,sonia taylor betty&john chambers.if i can arrange the re-union i would appreciate some support as i have never done this sort of thing before.i am going up to spalding this thursday to see sister olive matthews and all that know her will know she loved all her children as she called us with deep affection,well i am off to the orthopedic now for some physio on my knees bye for now.graham dyhouse  

Graham

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Jul 12 12 6:10 PM

Hello Graham, it was very nice to see you and Allan at the reunion - it is very nostalgic to meet up with those we grew up with after so many years, especially when we were brought up together. It was also nice to meet those who were at PAS before us and particularly interesting to see so many from Icknield House.

I wonder if the time is short to make the arrangements for the PAS reunion in Sept/Oct and to get in touch with everyone. I would have suggested around next May/June - what do others think.

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Jul 14 12 7:29 AM

hi sonia, i think i will leave it till may/june 2013.i have been to see sister olive matthews in a spalding nursing home she is 95 yrs old i first knew her when i came to meriden in 1955,she had moved from stephenson house which was on the main chester rd north as they closed it down.in meriden at the time was roy laine,his brother michael,royston chadney,jonathan sharwood,there was a boy with a caliper on his leg but i don't remember his name.then in 1957 sister olive wen't to canada to work and it broke my heart as i looked on her as my second mother.then sister kathleen broomhead moved in with some of her family including you sonia albert and george court,eric and beryl chesters,peter,brian and kathleen bayliss,sister olive does remember you and alan she is hard of hearing she has hearing aids but does not like wearing them her memory is not to good as she called me by different names.i will close for now regards hamlet[graham dyhouse]  

Graham

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Jul 25 12 7:29 PM

hamlet here,i have some bad news for all ex P.A.S.as from july31st the offices and old hospital and elizabeth house will close and will be demolished to make way for new development the offices will be transferred to watford that is all i know at the moment will keep in touch. graham dyhouse 1955-1960

Graham

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Jul 25 12 11:09 PM

Hello Graham..I'm from the Sheringham branch & have been doing the reunions @ Sheringham since 1999. Here's how I did it! Typed the first letter to suggest a reunion at a certain date/year..photocopied 100 & sent out 25 copies to four members of Staff who I was in touch with. They in turn sent out the letters to those they knew of & word got about! Everyone knows somebody else! At the bottom of the A4 letter was a return slip for name/address/message. It worked like a chain letter.

The response was tremendous! The reunion was arranged for June (Founders Day weekend) & we had just about 200 old girls & boys,their families & retired Staff. We met in the Methodist Church Hall (Free to NCHers), but with a 'welcome'  in the beautiful modern church first..& as I looked through the glass partition I thought 'what have I done?'...there we all were totally unrelated to each other..& yet we all looked as if we were from the same family!!

The Staff were so happy to see all their 'children', all grown up & with their own families & it was our turn to look after them. It was a tremendous weekend..a CD was made & subsequent ones done of the collections of so many photo's.

The following reunions we had only about 50 each time...think the Church was not the best venue for the others. Just go for it...just do it & contact me if I can help. Good luck!! Ann

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Aug 1 12 5:11 PM

hey ya i was just wondering does anyone remeber some called Peter Andrew Walsh im not sure when he was there but if it helps he was born 06/06/1969 so it wuold be any were after then xx

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#35 [url]

Oct 22 12 2:57 AM

just read posts on site from may, yes me and my brother was there until 1977 i lived in jeavons house then moved into another dont remember house name. miss flint was top house woman. though. suzanne burke and seamus burke  margaret lisa and tommy cameron lived there aswell. i remember linford taylor and the coles and gumberleys sorry so long answering. i find it strange alot left in 1977

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Oct 22 12 7:42 AM

Yes, Wolf, going over all posts listed, just to see if l know anyone or what things people say, make me remember things!! Old age now ha! Think Charles surname was Cole. Remember a Maggie, Gavin Sonia, Paul, Tony, still trying to think of surnames of them all. Have you kept in contact with any from there??

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Oct 22 12 8:03 PM

charles cole was in jeavons house he was my brother  the house father was called butch if i remember right i was in elizebeth house and my other brother david was there too

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Oct 22 12 8:11 PM

How is Charles? He s the same person that was there when l was. The House Mother was a person called Sandie, husband was called Butch.. In fairness we had some good times, they use to hire the Mini bus and take us all over the country, sometimes even sleeping overnight in the Mini Van. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help