Remove this ad

#181 [url]

Feb 10 12 7:57 AM

I don't remember Ernie, but of course it's sad to hear that another old boy has passed away.
However, it's nice to think that he was playing golf and enjoying his life right up to the very end.

Jennifer

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#183 [url]

Feb 10 12 9:33 AM

PAULINE HULL

Following publication of Extended Family I do hope that all those who gave me their names and addresses at the reunion and since, have now received a copy and found it interesting. If you have the time and inclination could I urge you to write something and submit it to John Hughes to be included in the next edition.

Having quoted my mobile telephone number I had a call yesterday from Pauline Hull, now Mrs Pauline Harbour. Yes that's right she went from one maritime name to another !!

I don't think we will see her on the forum just yet as she doesn't seem to use a computer but I am going to try and convert her.

Meantime she wishes to be remembered to everyone especially Fairfielders. Anyone wishing to get in touch should please either phone me for her number or send me a private message.

David

Quote    Reply   

#184 [url]

Feb 10 12 11:04 AM

Hi David !I would love to have Paulines Number or e-mail add. I had tried contacting her through Friends Reunited  but like many others never getting a reply, I was extremely lucky getting in contact with Malcolm Salmon before we had the reunion.
Regards   Terry

Quote    Reply   

#185 [url]

Feb 10 12 11:13 AM

Hi Di ! It was very sad hearing about Ernie passing away i have many happy memories of him both school and sport and as a friend. If only i had known that he was living in Newcastle N S W i would have called in to him last time i was there, and to think my brother lives only a short drive away. It would seem that Ernie was a sportsman till the end. May he rest in peace.

Terry

Quote    Reply   

#186 [url]

Feb 19 12 1:51 PM

Sorry to hear about Ernie...he was older than me but I played football and remember him at my time in the home..My deepest condolence to his family

Shel

Quote    Reply   

malsal

superstar

#187 [url]

Apr 13 12 9:24 PM

Hi All Fairfielders at the risk of being a bore can I ask again if any one remembers my sister JOAN SALMON at Harrogate from about 1944 to 48 ,I have asked before but no one seemed to remember her .I believe she stayed on and helped Sister Anne in no 3 for a while after leaving school .  Malc S

PS you can reply privately if you wish

Quote    Reply   

malsal

superstar

#188 [url]

Apr 22 12 9:51 PM

HI All I would like to wish you all a  Happy Saint Georges for tomorrow ,have a good un  .   Malc S

PS  Can no one remember my Sister Joan she can't have been that bad .

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#189 [url]

Apr 23 12 1:08 AM

MalS,
               It does appear that you were a selfish little chap and kept your S'Joan to yourself as no one else seems to know of her.  tic

Roy

Quote    Reply   

malsal

superstar

#190 [url]

Apr 23 12 5:53 PM

Hi Roy wasn't selfish at all infact as she stopped on after finishing school to help ,perhaps she was a sister to the other children .Happy William Shakespeare  Malc S

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dianaw

superstar

#191 [url]

Jul 28 12 7:18 PM

Hi Pamela,
I too remember David Curry from No. 1,  although he was younger than me, he joined our ballet group in the community hall.  Marjorie Newman who had a dance school in Harrogate, gave up her time to take classes at Fairfield once a week.  David then went on to Ballet Rambert in London & changed his name to Alexander Curry.  I met him again at one of the reunions in the 60s/70s.  I've been trying to think who you would remember in our house (No. 2) that would be about the same age as you.  Maybe Paula & Kathleen Pickard or Freddie & Charles Alderton may ring a bell.  When Charles first came to our house when he was a little tot, Sister Edith had a job to get his little red boots off his feet & had to put him to bed in them.  He also used to swear like a trooper & we got into trouble for giggling. Happy days!!!
love Di

Quote    Reply   

#192 [url]

Aug 29 12 9:07 PM

Hi Guys

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I just heard from Tommy Hudson's wife (Sue) that sadly Tommy has had a stroke and is in a bad way.

He is in the Harrogate Hospital at this moment in time. As soon as I get more information about his condition I will let you all know.

Our thoughts are with Tommy and his family. If you can visit him I am sure it will cheer him up.

Martin Reid
No 4 House 

Martin Reid

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#193 [url]

Sep 4 12 7:54 PM

Hi All,

I've spoken to Mick Calvert today & his wife Maureen thankfully has turned a corner & is responding to treatment.  Yesterday she came off the ventilator, is still very weak, but is making progress.  I told him we are all thinking of them both.

love Di

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#194 [url]

Sep 11 12 7:14 PM

Hi Deborah,

Lovely to hear from you.  I used to go to Marjorie Newbury's studio in town for ballet lessons, then when she started them in the community hall, I was so pleased to be having lessons with my friends in the hall, particularly with Carol (Farnhill).   Miss Newbury used to buy all the costumes or the material to make them for the shows we did.  Looking forward to seeing the photo of Freddie, do you remember Charles as well?  Hope to see you on the 29th.  Take Care,
love Di 

Quote    Reply   

#195 [url]

Sep 30 12 10:49 AM

What a great reunion,It was lovely to see so many beautiful people and even though I wasnt in the Harrogate home,I was welcomed by everyone,thank you so much.Yes a truly successful day,wonderful
memories for all,thank you Di and all who helped it to make it a great day.
                                               Sylvia and Doug xxxxx

Sylvia taylor

Quote    Reply   

#196 [url]

Jan 9 13 11:55 PM

Hi Gerard I remember you. Not sure if you remember me but I also lived in wellfield during your time there. I see John from time to time but have seen any of the others you have mentioned but would love to at some point. Do you remember any of my brothers? Robert, Derek or Gary ?

Jimmy Bolton 

Quote    Reply   

malsal

superstar

#197 [url]

Jan 24 13 11:30 PM

Hi All I'm pleased to say after over 18 months I have at last received my records (but I don't think all) it did however bring in some interesting facts 1 that my Father was even less interested in Me than I thought ,2 several names who I don't recall Michel Leonard ,Rodney ?,Teddy ? Trevor ? who had a brother and sister and a Frank ,not much info but of the same era so I would to hear from them or anyone that remembers them from 1947-54 .Oh the song "You are a mucky Kid" must have been written with me in mind .as I loved to get mucky and was reluctant to have it washed off (poor sister Anne what she had to put up with) .Regards to all Malc S 

Quote    Reply   

royl

fanatic

#198 [url]

Jan 25 13 2:22 AM

Hi Malsal,
                So glad you have eventually got them. 'Patience of a Saint' rings a bell but I am not sure it would all fit in this case!    They should provide the basis for a few extra JDs as you must protect yourself from delayed trauma.
 Did the file contain the names you qoute? I ask as in my file the names of all other children were struck out.

Cheers

Roy

Quote    Reply   

#199 [url]

Jan 25 13 2:11 PM

Hi Malcolm

I'm pleased that at last you have your file and hope it answers any questions you had about your arrival at NCH and the circumstances etc.
Like Roy I too had a question about mention of other boys in your file as these were all removed in our case with the exception of our deceased brother Johnnie and my twin Steve who was with me at the interview and gave consent.
The most pleasing aspect of mine was to see the several letters from our village vicar and a lady who had contacts with Barnados and also put my father in touch with NCH when Barnados would not take all five of us.If I had known these facts I could have said a big thank you to them all but sadly they are long since gone.

David

Quote    Reply   

malsal

superstar

#200 [url]

Jan 25 13 6:06 PM

Hi Roy and David The names mentioned  were in a copy of a letter I had been made to write of boys with me (but not in the act) when I stole 1 packet of tooth past which was supplied free anyway and some plant labels .as I say they were not involved and I think this was to clear them .Strange this as I also have a copy of a letter from Mr Roycroft to the market superintendent in Harrogate saying he understands the 10/- note I had found and handed to him had not been claimed .and he thought it should be given back to me to re ward my honesty .Hope you are both well I'm still recovering from that dreaded  bug going round ,but am looking foreword to our holiday regards and take care and that goes for all old (young) boys and girls , Malc S

PS there is still a few points I would like filling in my report ,but I don't want to wait another 18 months .I saw my MP at the finish you know . 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help