Remove this ad

#161 [url]

Nov 1 11 11:26 AM

Hi Jennifer !  When i was at school i used to dream away ( desert islands etc ) i think most children do , Tony at a very young age always spoke of wanting to live in Australia which is exactly what he did and he still loves it there nearly 60 years later. I was very happy in my work and still miss it today  and still take a keen interest in what is going on. I don,t know why we had to learn  all of what i call unnecessary maths it certainly has not helped me since leaving school things should be kept to basics in schools and leave the harder things to  further education. Perhaps  it would stop a lot from bunking off school.
Love Terry X

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

malsal

superstar

#162 [url]

Nov 1 11 12:57 PM

Hi Jen I think have always excepted what was as what is  and got on with it .You seem to have been  busy even though you didn't particularly like it .Much the same as me I remember once getting a school report saying I had a dogged perseverance and being reluctant to give it to Sister Anne as it seemed derogatory . But Like you I always seem to persevere with the job at hand  even if it is sometimes botched .

Hi Terry I am surprised at your comments on maths I find it useful in all things daily though I'm lost with the modern maths ,but I don't regret any of my schooling and am thankful I got the chance .Hope I don't sound like a school teacher .  Love and regards to all   Malc S   

Quote    Reply   

malsal

superstar

#164 [url]

Nov 1 11 2:30 PM

Hi Terry as I said I was surprised at you demeaning maths as it was needed in your train spotting ,sorry about the misunderstanding  .I hope you are well away from the floods my heart goes out to those poor people suffering from them . Have fun but take care .   Malc S   

Quote    Reply   

malsal

superstar

#165 [url]

Nov 3 11 1:04 PM

Hi All I Have just been viewing Frozen Planet I had recorded ,don't we live in a wonderful world one I feel we don't appreciate ,how anyone can believe it all just happened I don't know and I for one do not believe I am an accident of life ,evolution yes but at whose command  .But back to the Frozen Planet I was particularly amazed by the life of the Woolly Caterpillar,to spend 4 months for 14 years frozen alive in the ice before emerging as a moth is  amazing  .Regards to you all  take care and keep smiling    Malc S       

Quote    Reply   

#166 [url]

Nov 5 11 2:05 PM

HEINZ AND HELGA  PLUNKTE

I have heard from Heinz again and have also corresponded with Helga. 
Helga has asked to be in contact with Dorle and this is being arranged by email. They have also been advised about this forum and a link to the Youtube BBC clip has been sent.
Stephen will be sending them both his collection of photographs from our reunion.

So more of "Our family" are in touch and I find that heartwarming.

David

Quote    Reply   

#167 [url]

Nov 6 11 11:16 AM

Hello all you fairfielders
You'll have noticed my absence recently; well this probably was due to my concentration on Physio & tablets etc!!
I do my Physio at home to a DVD provided by the hospital while wearing a Heart monitor;then they ring me fortnightly for the readings.
This week my level was upgraded to '2' which means more effort but a lower pulse due to fitness. I find this quite astounding and such good news.
Me thinks I'm going to be quite fit by the 17th Dec when we depart on a 25 day Caribbean cruise.
I look at the forum every morning and read with interest all the dialogue.
Can I say once again how we enjoyed the reunion with a special thanks to Di & lewis along with my elder brother David.
You know when I look at David I say to myself " So one day I'm going to look like that am I" !!

Best regards to you all 

Steve

Quote    Reply   

malsal

superstar

#168 [url]

Nov 6 11 2:00 PM

Hi Stev  doing it at the double are you ? even mailing ,hope your improvement continues have a great cruise . and thanks again for our dog tags and all you did  for the reunion along wit Bro and Di .Hope David is still talking to you after your comments . Regards Malc S 

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#169 [url]

Nov 7 11 10:09 AM

Hi Steve, Good news that you are continuing to improve.  Keep up the good work! 
Incidently did you take any photos at reunion? I know you put all mine on You Tube, however, I seem to remember you walking around with your camera, but have yet to see any you took.
Your cruise is getting nearer, how exciting.  Hope Jackie is okay.  love Di

Quote    Reply   

#170 [url]

Nov 7 11 11:36 AM

Hi Di
I thought all the pics from our camera were included on the CD I posted to you; Maybe you didn't receive it eh?

Also there's a youtube version:-

I'll try and find the CD and copy it again otherwise I know David has a copy.

Steve

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

malsal

superstar

#171 [url]

Nov 7 11 1:09 PM

Hi What a wonderful Fireworks display at our local football ground I saw last night (mega)padded seats to view the display ,and home made steak & ale pie ,mushy pies  mashed potato and gravy before the fireworks ,only disappointing thing was the beer  Green King IPA not worthy of being called Beer ,not English anyway .But a enjoyable evening anyway and we did call at are local and have a Landlord . Love and Regards to you all .  Malc S 

Quote    Reply   

#172 [url]

Jan 3 12 2:08 PM

Hi Terry,  I'm an ex Fairfielder who lived in Canberra for 14 years and have been up here in Qld past 8 years.  I take it you're in Australia???  Great country we live in Lol.
Sylvia

Sylvia Swan (nee Bambrough)

Quote    Reply   

#173 [url]

Jan 3 12 3:23 PM

Hi Sylvia ! My brother lives in NSW i live in Norway, however i can say i am quite well known in Aussie either visiting or when i was working. I love Qld i drove there one year from Sydney with my wife stopped many places but loved Tweed Head, yes great country you live in.
When were you at Harrogate and what house were you in.
Regards Terry

Quote    Reply   

malsal

superstar

#176 [url]

Jan 9 12 8:52 PM

Hi Terry me old pal it goes without  say Lesley's and my thoughts are with you your wife and loved one for your coming OP . Love and regards   Lesley and Malcolm 

PS had my Scans today and my Kidney's are clear so I can drink your health     Cheers 

Quote    Reply   

#177 [url]

Feb 6 12 6:26 PM

Hi Malc ! Hope all is well with you both and Lesley is taking care of herself. My wife has had  a week of influensa but is better now,am hoping to come over the first or second week of March not sure about Rigmor at the moment as her father is in hospital he is 94 so she is reluctant to leave him until he gets a place at the nursing home which could be very soon now.
Take care both of you and have a few pints for me. ( i expect with all the cold weather you are all drinking ANTI FREEZE )
Best Regards
Terry & Rigmor

Quote    Reply   

malsal

superstar

#178 [url]

Feb 6 12 9:48 PM

Hi  Terry sorry to hear Rigmor hasn't been well but hope you looked after her well Lesley is coming on well after her op but still can't put weight onthe foot for another 3 / 4 wks ,I think she likes being waited on (but she's worth it) .Look forward to seeing you but sorry Rigmor might not come .Well look after your self's  Regards Malc and Lesley  

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#179 [url]

Feb 9 12 2:39 PM

Hi All Fairfielders,
I've just received a message from Paul (Manser) with the sad news of the death of Ernie Blagg.  Paul has been in regular touch with Ernie over the years & when he hadn't heard from him at Christmas, he contacted one of Ernie's daughters & apparently Ernie suffered a stroke on the golf course on the 22nd November 2011 in Newcastle, NSW in Australia where he lived. Ernie was in No. 6 with Sister Louie & in the same class at school as me & Ray Crisp. 
love Di 

Quote    Reply   

#180 [url]

Feb 9 12 4:01 PM

So sad to hear about Ernie,
He was a real charactor, full off life and laughter alongside Ray Crisp and Willie Campbell and others. We enjoyed many a reunion too with Ernie in later years
I remember him fondly
Malc T

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help