Tags : :

This page is for the Harrogate Photos and comments on Harrogate photos only

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jul 20 11 2:05 AM

Dear Fairfielders,
I've tried everything to change my avatar but it wont work so here is the pic I said I would post before the reunion to avoid shocking people on the day.
Miriam, When we both arrive at Leeds station to get the train to Harrogate, I'll be the guy with the white carnation in his lapel and a copy of the TImes under his arm, My man will be carrying my luggage, NOT. I could be wearing my United hat though !!. Dont try to avoid me, I will find you!.
Take Care all
Malc T

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

dave

superstar

#2 [url]

Jul 20 11 6:25 AM

Hi Malc,
Sorry to hear you are still having problems with your avatar. I have looked at your picture info and can't see why it will not load into your profile. I have noticed the site has been behaving a bit odd the last couple of days but seems ok today, maybe it is worth trying again. Just one thing I was doing wrong when first uploading was not clicking on the save button under the sites own avatar selection. I had it in my head it was for them only but realised it was for uploading your own pic as well.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jul 20 11 9:05 PM

Malcolm if your wearing a Utd hat on Leeds station I will shout at the top of my voice, "HELP HELP this man has just escaped from an asylum," I will have to make a police badge now  as Steve wont be able to get one to me in time Oh shucks out with the crayons!!! xx

Quote    Reply   

malsal

superstar

#4 [url]

Jul 22 11 9:30 PM

Hi Dave ,Glad to see your on the real stuff , though draught would be better ,to your health and I'm having one as I send  Malc s     bottle unfortunately

Quote    Reply   

dave

superstar

#5 [url]

Jul 22 11 9:39 PM

Without doubt a freshly pulled pint in a pleasant Inn is how ale should be served.
We are fairly well catered for in the fair county of Kent.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Aug 4 11 9:11 PM

Hello Fairfielders,
for those non believers, here's a Pic of Proof. it's mine all mine.
Didn't realize the 'bay window' was that big! , diet time.  It was the same with my hair, I didn't realize I was going bald until I found it was taking me longer to wash my face!.
Take Care, the time nears.
Malc T.
PS" thank you Dave Of Harpenden fame

Quote    Reply   

dave

superstar

#8 [url]

Aug 4 11 9:27 PM

I see you have mastered the dark art of posting pics. Nice photo.

Something to think about re hair. A wise old man told me once "Your hair doesn’t stop growing, it just grows in different places".

Quote    Reply   

malsal

superstar

#10 [url]

Aug 19 11 11:32 AM

Hi Royl          I think we will , we are a very close family after all  Regards Malc S

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dianaw

superstar

#11 [url]

Aug 28 11 1:27 PM

Here's a photo Steve has just sent me that he was given by Hazel (nee Edmunds).  Steve met up with Hazel by chance 55 years ago & she was great friends with Rita Wilson who is on the left of the picture.  They both attended Miss Markham's Dance School on Otley Road.  Hazel used to live on Harlow Avenue. June is also at the front to the left of the picture & if I'm not mistaken is that our Dorle with the plaits & slightly blurred, to the left & at the back?  love Di

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Aug 28 11 9:29 PM

Hi Di,

You are quite right.  The dour faced girl with the pigtails at the lefthand back of the picture is indeed me.  Well spotted!  Hazel Edmunds with the beaming smile  is in front of me, and in front of her slightly to the left is Rita Wilson.  Apart from June Graham at the front, the only other person who looks familar is the girl sitting beside her.  She looks a little bit like Lilias Brunt, the daughter of the Reverend Percy Brunt, a one time minister of Trinity Church. I think Hazel went on to Harrogate Grammar School, and  Lilias was in my class during my first two years at the Tech.  Perhaps when you see June,she may be able to identify some of the other girls.  Dorle.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Aug 28 11 11:14 PM

Hi Di, I don't suppose you will know if our Doris is on this photo, as i know she went to the miss Markham dance class, just i wouldn't recognise her if i saw her. heres hoping , fingers crossed. Love Vi x

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#14 [url]

Aug 29 11 8:35 AM

Hi Vi, Unfortunately Doris wouldn't be on this photo as I think it would be a school outing or similar & the children (only one or 2 NCH) will all be older than your Doris.  The only photo I recognise of Doris is in the snow.  It was on HARROGATE PICTURES but I can't find it, so I'll put it on again.  love Di 
P.S. I think that is Doris 3rd from right.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Aug 29 11 11:03 PM

Hi Di, Thank you so much for re-adding this photo,I hadn't seen it on the Harrogate photos. It's like a miracle, first time i've ever seen her since she was about 2 yrs old. I'll treasure this pic.Hope to get my files before too much longer,looking forward to that,hope to find out a bit more about all of us. I wish you all well on the day of the reunion,and that you have a super time. I see on here how much time you've put into arranging it, well done,all the best. love Vi xx  

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Aug 30 11 4:25 AM

Hello Di & Vi,

I don't remember Doris, although I obviously must have had this photo taken with her as she was right next to me.  You say she is  "third on the right"  Di.   I know I'm the baby in the middle. So she must be one of the two girls on my left.  Which one is Doris ?

Am I right in thinking that the girl on the far right might be Christine Starkey ?

Love Jennifer 

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Aug 30 11 6:13 AM

Hi Jennifer and Di, I've got Doris as the girl on Jennifers left ,at the back holding a smaller girl in front of her. I say this because she has a look of my brother Arthur. I also remember her with blond hair, like my brother Johns .Mind it could have gone darker as she grew older, So have i got the right girl love Vi xx

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Aug 30 11 9:03 AM

Vi,  this is one photo I've had in my album for many years, but never been certain who everybody is except me !  But I've always been struck by how very much alike the girl standing third from the left is, to the girl who you think might be Doris.  What do you think ?  

Love Jennifer

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Aug 30 11 9:09 AM

The photo posted by Di on Sunday has obviously aroused a deal of interest.
I've spoken with Hazel nee Edmunds and she's able to name all, so when she emails me with that I'll post it here.

Steve

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Aug 30 11 9:28 AM

PS

Thankyou Stephen.

Vi, I know the photo was taken in about 1952   ..........    Chrysella Wright is second on the left.  I know it's me in the middle, and Sandra Cornell is holding me.

J

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help