Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Aug 30 11 9:33 AM

Hi Jennifer You are right  Sandra Cornell holding you and i think Lynn Cornell on the right of the picture and do i spot Diane Robbins to and yes it must be about 1952, nice photo.

Love Terryx

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Aug 30 11 9:38 AM

Hi Terry,

I don't spot Lynne though.  Which one is she ?  This photo is causing a lot of controversy.  I'm going to go and dig out my box of old photos and see if there's anything written on the back of it.

Love Jennifer

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Aug 30 11 11:35 AM

Hi Jennifer is that Chrysella Wright second left  standing next to who i think is Dianne Robbins ?as for who i think is  Lynn we can ask her at the reunion.

Love terryx

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Aug 30 11 11:57 AM

Yes Terry, I'm pretty certain it IS Chrysella second on the left, but I don't think I remember Dianne Robbins or anyone else except Sandra.  However I DO remember having very heavy snow, and the older children building an igloo on the field in front of number seven.  I seem to recall that the snow was very deep and lingered for a considerable length of time.  Huge long icicles used to suspend from the gutter on the verandah roof, and we'd break them off to suck them.   Brrrr !

Love Jennifer

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Aug 30 11 1:08 PM

Hi Jennifer, yes i can see what you mean about both girls looking alike, they could be twins,but i still go for Doris as the one i said, as when i enlarge the pic, i can see her hair is a lot lighter, and reminds me a bit o f my brother Arthur. Plus Di was a friend of hers,used to go to dance classes with her, and knew her quite well. On the pic Doris would have been about 9yrs old, she was born in 1941.thanks for the message. love Vi x

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Aug 30 11 1:17 PM

Hi Steven, so glad you'll have all the names of the people on the photo, I do so hope that is my sister Doris, 3rd from the right as Di said,as Di knew her well and was a friend of hers. Also Jennifer helping out with what she knew. Will wait for the list of names with bated breath. Hope you are recovered well from your hospital stay,and i'm sure you will be fighting fit for the reunion. Take Care Vi x

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Aug 30 11 1:27 PM

Also would anybody know if there is a photo anywhere on this site that might have  me or my brother Arthur Nudd on it.He was born in 1934, and i was born in 1936. we were both in number 5, Merryfield House entered there about 1942. I'm Violet Mason was Nudd. Even if there are no photos, is there anybody out there who even remembers any of us

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Aug 30 11 1:51 PM

Hi Steven, so glad you'll have all the names of the people on the photo, I do so hope that is my sister Doris, 3rd from the right as Di said,as Di knew her well and was a friend of hers. Also Jennifer helping out with what she knew. Will wait for the list of names with bated breath. Hope you are recovered well from your hospital stay,and i'm sure you will be fighting fit for the reunion. Take Care Vi x Sorry Steven commenting on the wrong photo, and don't know how to delete it. Vi x

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Aug 30 11 2:15 PM

I'm keeping my fingers crossed Vi, that it WILL be Doris.  It will be so wonderful for you to have a picture of her after all this time.

Love Jennifer
x

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dianaw

superstar

#32 [url]

Aug 30 11 3:06 PM

Hi Vi, I think you're getting mixed up with the photos, Steve was talking about the photo with June, Dorle & Rita in.  Anyway here is the snow photo again with Doris's name above her.  I forgot to mention that I received this photo from Jennifer, who is the little tot in the front.  Doris would be 1 year younger than me & it was the dance classes that were held in our community hall by Marjorie Newbury that she attended.  Thanks for the good wishes Vi, shame you won't be with us.  love Di 

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

dianaw

superstar

#33 [url]

Aug 30 11 3:11 PM

Hi Terry, what a lovely photo of the chapel.  Going back to the snow photo, I can't see Dianne Robbins in it at all & I'm sure I would have recognised her as we were very good friends.  love Di

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Aug 30 11 3:29 PM

The photo of the chapel brings back memories Terry.  But when I enlarged it I was surprised to see that where the playground used to be in between the chapel and number seven,  there appears to be a big car park.

I'm so glad for you Vi, that it IS your Doris after all, in the snow photo.
Love Jennifer

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Aug 30 11 4:31 PM

Hi Di !  I was not ioo% sure that it was in fact D Robbins could it be Irene Tutin i think that was her name, anyway i cannot remember so many girls who had black or dark hair in those days. I think we will wait for L Cornell to solve the mystery.
L Terryx

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Aug 30 11 4:36 PM

Hi Jennifer ! 
 I to wondered about whether it was a roadway, and the fruit trees had gone as well i wonder how Mr Armstrong must have felt having nurtured them for such a long time.

Love terryx

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Aug 30 11 5:10 PM

I thought it seemed strange that they'd covered the playground with tarmac Terry.  But of course it may well be a road because this was perhaps around the time during the eighties when everything was being demolished and transformed into a housing estate.   

Love Jennifer
X

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Aug 31 11 10:18 PM

Hi Di,What a miracle, a photo of my own sister at last,thank you so much. Yes i know i was commenting on the wrong picture when i wrote to Steven, i realised that after i'd done it,but i didn't know how to delete it, so sent him a second message later,he'll probable think i'm a bit of a dim wit, but i won't worry about that, as long as i've got my photo, Lovely  .I've got what i hope is going to be super news,I think i've found Doris's address, not sure yet if shes the right Doris, but will try and get in touch with her and see.She lives in Littlehampton in UK. I'm not going to get my hopes up too high, just in case its not her,or if it is, she might not want to know me. Will see how i go and keep you informed.love Vi x

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Aug 31 11 10:25 PM

Hi Jennifer, yes i can see what you mean about both girls looking alike, they could be twins,but i still go for Doris as the one i said, as when i enlarge the pic, i can see her hair is a lot lighter, and reminds me a bit o f my brother Arthur. Plus Di was a friend of hers,used to go to dance classes with her, and knew her quite well. On the pic Doris would have been about 9yrs old, she was born in 1941.thanks for the message. love Vi x

-vimason

Yes it is Doris,Di has put her name on it for me,absolutely great, can hardly believe it after all these years. I've written on Di's post that i think i've found Doris's address, let you know what transpires, so excited. love Vi x

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Sep 1 11 6:35 AM

I'm so pleased for you Vi, that it IS indeed, your sister.  And to think that I hesitated before posting it on the site, because I didn't know if anybody would be interested ! This is one of the very few photos I've always had of me when I was a child.  I already knew the names of a couple of the girls, but it's so nice to be able to put a name to another face.

I think I know just how you feel about your sister.  I have a half sister on my maternal side with whom I have been in communication by phone & letter for the past three years.  We havn't met yet.  But maybe one day  .....

Love Jennifer
X

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help