Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 21 11 2:36 AM

Tags : :

A story to keep in mind

A cute little bird was flying to the North Pole for winter. She was not very happy because she was lost and alone. It was so very cold and the windy rain made flying hard. As time went by she got weaker and weaker until she could fly no longer. Exhausted she hit the ground with a bump. Looking around she could see she was in a field of cows who were chewing the grass. Although fearful of being stomped on by the cows she did not care if she lived or died, never before had she been so cold and wet. All of a sudden “PLOP” a cow had dropped a huge poo right on top of her. “Well thanks very much cow” thought the bird. “That’s all I needed, to die covered in cow poo”…Hang on a minute…. It’s rather warm buried in fresh poo” infact she could feel the blood getting warmer as she lay on the soil. “Hey, this is rather nice and cosy” and with her feelings coming back and spirits lifted she began to sing. So loud that the farm cat could hear her clearly. The cat found the source of the singing and dug out the bird and for a while played with it, and then bored did what cats do, she killed it stone dead!

The moral behind this story is;

If during your life you feel that you are up to your neck in poo….BUT you’re happy, don’t sing too loudly, because the one that helps you out may have their own agenda which may not be to your best advantage.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Nov 22 11 2:24 PM

To all members of Harpenden branch..On saturday gone, I collected Sister Maureen & Jessie from High Wycombe station...we then travelled to Leicester and met up with Judy & Garry.
Judy laid on a super dinner table..with wine ETC. lots of photos & video were taken.
Maureen & Jessie thoroughly enjoyed the day, exchanging chat and photos..lots of banter and laughs about the time at Harpenden (1950s).
Jeff & Julia....Judy & Garry

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Nov 22 11 3:48 PM

Does any member know if 'Bobby' ever got his 'Pig' for Christmas..I have heard nothing since his 'Post on this'....it's better than most humons get in this World...sleeping and living out in the freezing cold day and night!!...All family gone because of WAR!!..No food..No water...No love from anyone...yet we, in the the UK complain about traffic chaos, becuase we cannot do our Christmas shopping!! What a sad World we all live in!!...

As 'Bobby' says..he can walk three miles to buy a PIG too feed his Flock! (I would walk the earth to feed my family)...it seems that 'Bobby' has an allotment growing Vegetables ETC,..that's better than most of us in the UK have.  I, myself would be more than pleased to have 'Roast Pork' with veg & roast spuds etc!!..All cooked by Julia.
"So let's look at this Christmas dinner for Bobby & his clan"
'Roast spuds'...vegetables from the allotment...Fresh Pork from the slaughtered pig..
And Bobby says he lives in a third world country

Quote    Reply   

malsal

superstar

#3 [url]

Nov 22 11 8:41 PM

Hi  Jeff .I agree with most of what you say but round here allotments are going begging ,even got three divided into 4 sections a total of 12 mini allotments and still no takers .My wife and myself have 2 full sized ones and Are never short of Fruit and veg and we grow 10 different varieties of potatoes , including my favourite Golden Wonder (best roasting potato you can get)and the wife's Pink fir apple (as salad potato hard to beat) .Regards  and take care     Malc S    

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Nov 23 11 7:43 AM

Hi Malc, we have lots of allottments going spare as well, big ones and only £8-00 a year, Julia does well with her one, Shes the green fingared one, not me, lots of different veg. she is doing a couple of fruit trees now to add to her collection.  10 different types of spuds is super.
keep up the good work mate.  Jeff

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Nov 23 11 1:53 PM

RE; Pig for Christmas.

Quote. it's better than most humons get in this World...sleeping and living out in the freezing cold day and night!!...All family gone because of WAR!!..No food..No water...No love from anyone.

Am I to understand that we do not have any grief here?

Fact. We had over 24 typhoons this year. Many people lost their lives. Indeed a landslide just 10 minutes from our house claimed more than 50 families (50 FAMILIES). In under 20 minutes in the early hours of the morning.

Flooding from rivers that overflow account for many more lives lost, not to mention the loss of crops ready for harvest.

Hells Bells, we don’t need any wars to kill people; nature is doing a good job at that without any outside help thanks.

It has been in the news before, do the members of this forum really want to read it again here? NO!

This is not the paper for sadness, it’s where we can celebrate our achievements and share happy times (for most)

As for walking 3 miles for the pig. It so happens that the pig came from our mountain village which is over 7 hours away by road. The pig was fed on a diet of cut weeds and grasses from the rice field, no money to buy commercial feeds.

The price we paid for the said pig was 13 thousand pesos. Average rent for a single room here is 1200 pesos per month. = more than 12 months rent for most folk. Is anyone seeing a picture forming here in these words?

It is so easy to state “I would walk the earth” ect when you know you will never in your life ever have the need to walk further that the nearest supermarket.

The

. A diverse country of mixed cultures, rich and poor rub shoulder to shoulder. Many respects corrupt and dirty, but I simply love it here.  A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY as I said. What I did not say is “I live a third world way of life”. I am not showy showy with what we have. But it’s a lot more than most other people. I have a large truck and a very big garden. Knowing that most of our crop is gathered at night when we are sleeping. Ha ha but we don’t shout too loud about it. (A bit like Sister Pearl putting fancy cakes on the window to cool. She knows that we as kids will nick one or two but says nothing.

The thing is ROAST PORK is a once a year thing for those not in our house. Mince pies, Yorkshire pudding have never been tasted before…Rich chrissy cake??? Heck.. What is that…? It is the one thing I carry over from the . Food that has been cooked in an oven.

90% of all food here is boiled, meat, veg what ever. Most only have a two pot kitchen. What you eat is not as important as when you are able to eat.

Am I over reacting to what seems to be a sarcastic reply to my “PIG POST”?  No I do not consider this an over reaction. Let us say more to enlighten those who THINK they know me, But don’t. Bugger they cant even spell my name correctly.

I will try and post a few photos of the children’s home we visit each Christmas day. You will notice the playroom is void of any toys whatsoever. The soft toys we took that day were not there New Year’s Day. These were taken in 2006-7 We make it our yearly visit but are not allowed to take photos now, perhaps to safe guard the children.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dianaw

superstar

#9 [url]

Nov 23 11 10:41 PM

Hi Malc S, We grew some Pink Fir Apple potatoes for the first time this year & will definitely will be growing some more next year.  I agree with Lesley, they taste delicious. love Di

Quote    Reply   

malsal

superstar

#10 [url]

Nov 23 11 11:29 PM

Hi Di have you had Golden Wonder if you grow your own use the little one's and drop them straight in the deep fry Deeelicious the best roast you'l ever get ,they were grown specially for Golden Wonder Crisps .  Love Malc S  

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Aug 14 12 4:15 PM

A story to keep in mind

A cute little bird was flying to the North Pole for winter. She was not very happy because she was lost and alone. It was so very cold and the windy rain made flying hard. As time went by she got weaker and weaker until she could fly no longer. Exhausted she hit the ground with a bump. Looking around she could see she was in a field of cows who were chewing the grass. Although fearful of being stomped on by the cows she did not care if she lived or died, never before had she been so cold and wet. All of a sudden “PLOP” a cow had dropped a huge poo right on top of her. “Well thanks very much cow” thought the bird. “That’s all I needed, to die covered in cow poo”…Hang on a minute…. It’s rather warm buried in fresh poo” infact she could feel the blood getting warmer as she lay on the soil. “Hey, this is rather nice and cosy” and with her feelings coming back and spirits lifted she began to sing. So loud that the farm cat could hear her clearly. The cat found the source of the singing and dug out the bird and for a while played with it, and then bored did what cats do, she killed it stone dead!

The moral behind this story is;

If during your life you feel that you are up to your neck in poo….BUT you’re happy, don’t sing too loudly, because the one that helps you out may have their own agenda which may not be to your best advantage.

-bobbieowen

But "Poo" is good..it fertilizes the land,it grows cabbage...tomatoes...spuds..brussel sprouts...green beans...brocco...apples...pears...plums...DO I NEED TO GO ON.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help