Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 9 12 9:40 PM

Tags : :

hi people i was in highfield from about 1961 -63  i think i was in with sister jill but sister pearl rings a bell as well can anyone help

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

philip

fanatic

#1 [url]

Apr 9 12 10:30 PM

Graham,
Welcome to the group, in your time Sister Pearl would have been on the Boys side, upstairs Flat 1, Wakefield. The first house if you entered and went anti-clockwise.
A Sister who will be well remembered, good memories for those in her care and very protective, but best avoid her if you were in other flats and wanted to cause problems anywhere near to her domain.

Philip

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jul 20 12 11:11 PM

Sister Jill (my Mum) there's not enough words or time to describe my love for her.now lives in Bradford I am in contact occasionally.hopefully will go up and see his summer .

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jul 21 12 12:54 PM

Hi Phillip,
I would be interested to find out who else was in flat 1 the names Peter and Lenton sound familiar.  I was in with my older sister as I was only a toddler.  I think I went in about 1962 and came out in summer 1965 to start school in the September in Luton.
I still have a scar on my forehead from a brick that one of the other boys threw at me i also remember aboy running in front of the big swings and badly cutting his head.I live in Luton and go back to visit  on a regular basis  regards graham

Quote    Reply   

philip

fanatic

#5 [url]

Jul 21 12 5:56 PM

Graham,
In the 1960s photo.
Sandy is on the front row at the left, then is Noel Brown (keen at football), the youngest boy on Pearl's lap left just before my time. Then we Have Tommy Johnson and Linda.
The back three all left before my time together with Sandy,
The gaps were replace around 1963/5 with Sally Jones, Pauline Jones and Lenton Valero, then I arrived, followed by Malcolm & Vere Price.
The group was then complete for the next three years except for adding a dog, rabbits, hamsters etc.

Philip

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help