Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 1 12 5:27 PM

Tags : :

Not sure who everyone is on this photo but I am sat on someones lap on the left hand side.
Richard Fowkes is standing on the right and Tina Abdulah has the spotty dress

Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

dianaw

superstar

#9 [url]

Aug 1 12 7:32 PM

Hi Pamela,  Great photos,  Nice to see the first photo of Barton House on the site.  I remember Tina Abdulah, very pretty girl, did she have a brother?  Sister Florence was lovely - her hair in plaits on the top of her head always fascinated me when I was young.  love Di

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Aug 1 12 7:59 PM

I did not know that Tina had a sister. I idolised Tina and she was really kind to me. She seemed to dsappear but maybe she left whilst I was in hospital with polio.
I kept in touch with Sister Florence until she died. She was a lovely lady and very caring.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Aug 2 12 1:29 AM

Hi Pamela,
What wonderful photos!. I recognize so many children, cant put a name to all off them though.
David Curry came to Rowanlea , cant remember the year though, What a joy to see Russ and Kenny Weatherill together and theres Kenny Faulkner, I recall us all being so shocked when he was knocked off his bike and killed so soon after he had left. I recall Tina, Richard Fowles,  Willy Campbell and yourself of course, wonderful pics
Thanks Pamela
Malc T

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Aug 2 12 2:03 PM

Hi Pamela, Thanks so much for the super pics. Especially great for me to see those of Elizabeth Anderson. I have been trying to find news of her for years. We were good buddies & sang alot together. Of course I remember you very well.I was in no 7 with Jenny Jones & S. Flora & Sybil for most of my childhood but also had a spell in no1 after S Sybil moved there then went back to no7 for some reason. Loved the photo with Kenny & Russ Wetherall but have to confess I was always frightened of Kenny!! Also lovely pic of S Gwen. I have fond memories of her. Do you remember her tambourine lessons,what a hoot with all the lovely ribbons!!
Great to see you on the forum & hope we meet up soon
Thanks Dotx

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Aug 5 12 10:11 AM

Deborah
Good to hear from you.
Elizabeth seemed to be a friend to so many people. She once came with me to stay with a family who were to become my foster family. I have another couple of photos of that time. I will put them on the site next week. I do hope that Elizabeth found happiness with her mother.
How is Susan? (Are you older than Susan?)
I wonder if she knows the other 2 girls in the Brownies photo. They were all really good to me and helped me to join in things and included me in everything. I got very good at turning the skipping rope and counting as they jumped!
As I said, I think I remember going to your house with Sister Florence. Once we were going up and we were stopped by a farmer who was ploughing a field. He showed us a plover's nest, with eggs. I wonder how many farmers would stop ploughing today to enure the safety of a plover's nest. Happy memories!
Pam

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Aug 5 12 10:18 AM

Does anyone know who Michele is in the photos? (that is how her name is written on the back of the photos). She was a favourite of Sister Florence but I do not remember her and do not have a surname. She was only there in the very early days (1953ish)
Also there is a 'Susan' on the photo of 3 of us with a large stick of rock. Is that your sister Susan Turner, Deborah?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help