Remove this ad

clive

superstar

Lead

Sep 19 12 1:40 PM

Tags : :

Dear Shelagh,

Sister Cora Rodda was ordained by the Rev John H Litten and entered the NCH Sisterhood in 1941.

Best wishes,

Clive

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 19 12 5:02 PM

Dear Shelagh,Sister Cora Rodda was ordained by the Rev John H Litten and entered the NCH Sisterhood in 1941.Best wishes,Clive

-clive

Many thanks, Clive!  This is good to know.
Just imagine, I was one year old at the time of her ordination.  Who knew we were destined to meet in such a significant way, at that time!  :-)
I don't recollect much about Rev. Litton, but know the name, and know he was a regular visitor to the Harpenden branch of the NCH.
Thank you!
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Sep 19 12 10:40 PM

Hi Shelagh not shore if you posted the pic of Sister Cora with some of the kids from Ferens but the boy at the back his name is Horice Barrat and he had a Sister called Jean who must have been the sam age as your sister Nancy ring any bells take care best regards Bertie B.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

clive

superstar

#4 [url]

Sep 20 12 7:50 AM

Dear Shelagh,

In response to your last message, I tried to send you an article about the Rev John H Litten.  Alas, as this did not reproduce correctly, I have sent you an e-mail instead.

Best wishes,

Clive

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Sep 20 12 1:01 PM

Hi Clive,
Yes, I got that, thanks.
If I can find a way to post it on the forum in a way that shows up well (will need input from techie husband for this most likely!) I will do so.
Best  wishes,
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Sep 20 12 1:11 PM

Hi Shelagh not shore if you posted the pic of Sister Cora with some of the kids from Ferens but the boy at the back his name is Horice Barrat and he had a Sister called Jean who must have been the sam age as your sister Nancy ring any bells take care best regards Bertie B.

-nollyjay

Hi Bert!
Yes, that's Horace all right.  All the others except the girl with the coat on (who was visiting with someone at the time) were in our family.  I was the one who took the picture, so alas, I'm not in it!  Wish I'd thought to have someone take the camera so there'd be at least one of me with Sister Cora at this fairly late date in my time with her. I must have taken it around 1951, 1952, as I left the Harpenden branch when I was 12.  The only other pics I have of me with the family and with Sister Cora are ones taken very early in my career there!  :-)
Yes, Jean's name does ring a bell, but I can't put a face to the name.  She may well be in those pics of my sister with Sister Pearl's older girls that are on Philip's "theirhistory" site. Take a look there, Bert, and let me know if you spot her. Thanks!
Best wishes,
Shelagh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help